Inappropriate ad

Slackbot

Reaction score
Lately I've been seeing a cafepress banner ad here, and the first image in the ad is an amply-endowed topless woman. I'm pretty sure this is inappropriate for this site.

I've taken a screengrab, but if it appears as often for others as it does for me it probably won't be necessary. Plus, well, don't wanna post the very image I'm complaining about.

Edit: Well, whaddaya know? The ad turned up on this page as soon as I posted this. If it's placing ads based on the text of the post, then a screengrab really won't be necessary.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I've heard that ads are displayed based on what your searches and history are, and then the system tries to find an ad based on that for you. I don't know if that's how it works here or not, but I just thought I might mention it.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Ew. I've been on cafepress recently, but not to order that kind of stuff. The Fraggles on the T-shirts were clothed.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just about every site, even sites like this one, will have questionable ad content from time to time... like some of those Snorg t-shirt ads that always feature women in really tight-fitting panties, modeling t-shirts.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
admins might not even have control over the kinds of ads shown depending on the site.

You might see ads that other people never see.

Plus, that's why they invented adblock

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Bumping this thread because I'm having the same exact problem.
I just got a brand-new computer, so the search history obviously isn't large, (except for Muppet related stuff) so it makes no sense for this to be popping up for that reason. (Do you think maybe all the Lady Gaga talk might be causing this?)

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If anyone sees ads they find offensive, feel free to PM me a screen grab and the URL the ad goes to and we'll restrict this.