if the gorgs had their own singing part in the theme...

Redsonga

Reaction score
What do you think the lyrics might have been?
I know they have a 'dum dee dum' version where they just repeat the chorus in the longer song but I was just thinking a line of their own might have fit just as well :smile:.

Quesal

Reaction score
Well if they had their own verse kind of how the Doozers go, "Work Your Cares Away...?" hmmmm

Maybe they'd sing..."Thump your cares away! Fraggles for another day! Let the music play, down at Kissing Rock!"

RedPiggy

Reaction score
"Planting food today! Keep those Fraggles away! Trash sadness away, down at Kissing Rock!"

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I laughed at the "thump your cares away" bit. However, the goal of the audience is to see that Junior's thumping is more of the "carried-away curious kid" thing than his Pa's "I'll get them varmints" thing. The problem with mentioning thumping in the lyrics is that it gives off a bad first impression.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
And little boys don't understand that keeping that frog in their pocket is harmful. That's why I said his issue is more the "carried-away curious kid" thing. However, bragging about thumping in the lyrics would give off the first impression that the Gorgs are evil, sadistic, cruel monsters. Wording it my way shows they're not all that thrilled with Fraggles, but they aren't bragging about killing them, either.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I'm must not be getting it. We're agreeing.

Quesal

Reaction score
Wow! I mention "thump"
and look at the conversation I sparked up! LOL

Quesal

Reaction score
And they say conversation is a dying art!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
This is my impression of the conversation:

1. I liked "thump your cares away" (really, I did).

2. I thought it made the Gorgs sound like sadistic brutes and, while funny, isn't entirely accurate and gives a bad first impression. It makes it sound like their entire world revolves around thumping, when in reality they focus on deterring Fraggles from their garden. In terms of tone, there's a difference.

3. I chose a lyric that involved a more complete "gist" of Gorgs (and added the word Trash because poor Marjory gets left out of the theme song).

4. I explain my rationale.

5. Wwfpooh pretty much says the same thing as I did, namely that Junior's reason differs from his parents'.

6. I feel the implication is that I'm missing the point of thumping, even though I mentioned it specifically.

7. We both continue to agree (though it sounds like a disagreement) ... and I can't figure out why we seem to be having an agreeable disagreement. I get thoroughly confused.

8. I have a suspicion wwfpooh is trying to justify the thumping lyric as a part of Gorgish characterization. I now ask wwfpooh if that is the case.

9. I patiently wait to see if I'm on target.
:big_grin: