If the Fraggles had zodiac signs…

bazingababe24

Reaction score
This is a thought I have entertained for some time, and I figured that now would be the time to post this, since the Minnesota Planetarium Society is trying to convince us that the zodiacal calendar we’ve used for millennia no longer applies. (I will NEVER acknowledge Ophiuchus!) I’ve realized that the Fraggle Five are shining examples of five certain zodiac signs. The Fraggles might have a system analogous to this, but it’s highly doubtful that it would jibe with ours, as the seasons in Fraggle Rock aren’t always consistent with ours. Also, there doesn’t seem to be any set breeding season for the Fraggles, so their birthdays could be spread out over the year. They celebrate various festivals and greet the moon each month, so they must have some kind of calendar. But if we used the Silly Creature zodiac, here’s what I think their signs would be:

Mokey: Pisces (sensitive, loving, compassionate, imaginative, artistic)
Gobo: Aries (a born leader, fearless, pioneering, somewhat arrogant)
Red: Leo (outgoing, strong, enthusiastic, loves to be the center of attention)
Boober: Virgo (obsessive-compulsive, a worrier, practical and intelligent)
Wembley: Libra (indecisive, hates conflict, sweet, charming and agreeable)

Traveling Matt has a lot of Aries qualities as well. I wouldn’t be surprised if Gobo and Matt shared a birthday, kind of like Bilbo and Frodo Baggins.
Convincing John would probably also be a Libra, due to his charisma and wembling.
And Cantus? Eccentric, magnetic, wandering, visionary Cantus? He’s definitely an Aquarius.

Also, keep this in mind: Many astrologists believe that Aries and Leo are the ideal match for each other. Hmmmmm...

WDYGT?:coy:

animalrescuer

Reaction score
This is very interesting. I never thought of fraggles having a zodiac sign, but then again fraggles, as with all Muppets, have human characteristics. I love your analysis of each fraggle using the zodiac signs. Could you do the same using animals from the Chinese zodiac as in The Year of the Dog or Year of the Rooster?

bazingababe24

Reaction score
Could you do the same using animals from the Chinese zodiac as in The Year of the Dog or Year of the Rooster?
I sure could, my friend. The Chinese zodiac is trickier, however, because the descriptions for each sign are much more general. Let’s hope this comes close:

Mokey: The Sheep (sympathetic, artistic, creative, gentle, peaceful, mothering)
Gobo: The Dragon (pioneering, strong, self-assured, loyal, decisive, passionate)
Red: The Tiger (unpredictable, daring, impulsive, vigorous, aggressive, quick-tempered)
Boober: The Rooster (neat, alert, meticulous, critical, obsessive, perfectionist)
Wembley: The Dog (honest, trusting, sociable, peace-loving, sensitive, a worrier)

Traveling Matt has all of the Dragon virtues, but exhibits more of the vices (intolerance and imperiousness come to mind) than Gobo does. Convincing John comes off as a Monkey (improvisor, motivator, quick-witted, cunning, manipulative), and Cantus is most certainly a Snake (deep thinker, wise, mystical, graceful, creative, purposeful, nebulous).