Idea for a New/Classic Muppets CD

Blumonkeyboy

Reaction score
I think Disney should have the current cast of the muppets do a CD of clasic muppet songs (rainbow connection, moving right along, hope somthing better comes along, etc). Basicly remake the songs, as the current voices, anyone else think it could be cool?

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think the older songs are just perfect the way they are..to remake them just would not feel right IMHO :stick_out_tongue:. Most of all any of them with Kermit...

Blumonkeyboy

Reaction score
I agree the old songs are great, dont get me wrong. I just think it would be cool to hear them with current voices. While they wouldnt feel the same, will anything ever?

Redsonga

Reaction score
No, that's why I think they should stay :smile:. At least, Rainbow and Being Green :smile:

Telly

Reaction score
Personally, I don't think they should touch the old songs. For the longest time, I wanted Steve Whitmire's version of "Rainbow Connection" but the more I thought about it, the more I started to feel like it wasn't broke so why "fix" it?

Redsonga

Reaction score
Personally, I don't think they should touch the old songs. For the longest time, I wanted Steve Whitmire's version of "Rainbow Connection" but the more I thought about it, the more I started to feel like it wasn't broke so why "fix" it?
I know, it is like they live forever :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Collection... like the Fraggle one. All I can say. I really wish the mouse would get its tail moving on this one.

I wanna see the old LP's in CD form. Not just a few favorite songs like the 25th anniversary disk.

I really would love 2 sets... 1 from the TV show ... featuring the 2 Muppet Show albums and the one MS album they released only in the UK.

The Second would be a movie collection... 2 or 3 disks, depending on if they can get the rights to the Muppets Take Manhattan sound track. All straight from the original LP's.

Telly

Reaction score
I'd like to see a cd with the songs from The Muppet Show Live performed by those characters. I liked how some of the older characters got to interact with newer ones (Rowlf & Sal's rendition of "I Hope Something Better Comes Along") and the collaberation of "It Feels Like Christmas"