I return and Music

Jennifer12

Reaction score
Hey Group,
I haven't posted since January of this year (has it been that long?) so I thought I'd drop by and see what's new.

I'm totally jazzed by the release of Season One of the Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock on DVD. I can't buy them just yet, since I'm going on a trip to England next week and my money's a little out of whack at this point, but both sets are on the list! I purchased the Time/Life best of the Muppet Show when that was released, so I'm a little peeved at the issue of buying the same episodes twice, but one can't call oneself a fan and not buy the box set, right?

Also, I thought I'd come here for some advice. I'm in my early thrities, like many folks on this board and I seem to be stuck in the 80's as far as music goes (like many folks on this board, I'd guess). What new groups have the feel of the 80's groups like Queensryche, Dream Theater, Queen, Bon Jovi, Whitesnake, etc? Any suggestions?

superfan

Reaction score
Welcome back!
The only one I can think of off hand is The Darkness. They released only one single that I know of ("I believe in a thing called love") and the video is a definate take-off/salute (depending on interpretation) of the glam eighties style bands with the tight pants, big hair, scarves, slow motion jumps with the guitar, cheesy poses for the camera....The song is quite good, actually.

Other than that, ummmm..help us out here, guys!