I Need Urgent Help

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Okay, so someone on Amino is talking to me through private messaging about how depressed (and possibly suicidal) they are and how they want to kill people.

How do I help them out? I've tried telling them to stop saying those things and that I hope their life gets better, but they won't listen, and they say they "don't trust hopes". Please, I really need your help, guys. I'm freaking out right now, and I don't really know what to do.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I would personally reccomend this person just stop doing what they’re doing, take a deep breath, and definitely consider seeking some help while also taking a break from social media and focusing on their own life.

At the same time though, i’d also reccomend this person not isolate themselves because it is a big form of loneliness.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I would personally reccomend this person just stop doing what they’re doing, take a deep breath, and definitely consider seeking some help while also taking a break from social media and focusing on their own life.

At the same time though, i’d also reccomend this person not isolate themselves because it is a big form of loneliness.
They just will not listen to me, no matter what I say. They keep saying that every human is a fool except them, and that they want to be a "heartless warrior". I tried telling them multiple times to talk to their parents about their feelings, but they say they don't trust them. I mean, if they have abusive parents, then that's understandable, but I just really want them to at least have a talk with them...

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
^ My thoughts exactly! I know you want to help this person, and that's good of you, but when someone starts talking about killing people, you need to get the authorities involved.
This could be another mass shooting in the works for all we know.
For the safety of this person, and especially the people around him, you need to call the police as soon as possible before something drastic happens.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
agreed with David please call the police. That is the best thing you can do
please don't try and deal with this on your own as if anything does happen to this person it can look can come back at you as your not qualified to deal with it. SHOW PLEASE CALL THE POLICE

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The police can help but usually they don't get involved until they actually commit a crime. By then it may be too late, but just saying they want to kill people isn't enough to arrest them.
The same if they are contemplating suicide. There are counselors out there, but the ones with suicidal tendencies have to take the first step. They can get help, but they need to want help.

I feel sorry for them if they feel "don't trust hope". Without hope, you're lost. You're toast.
Same thing with prayer. God can help you more than anybody else, but you still need to reach out to Him.
I pray it's still not too late. There are a lot of people willing to help, but they still need to make the first move.
And I hope it's not the wrong move. Right now they still have a choice to get help. If they do something harmful to others, from then on all their choices will be made for them.

The part that doesn't sit right with me is wanting to be a "heartless warrior". That could mean a mass shooting or worse, and not feeling any remorse.
A lot of movies, tv, some rap music, puts little value in human life. Neither does social media. People get so desensitized they don't care if people die. Even if they kill them. Shameful.

Last edited: