I Need To Know How to Make a Puppet Out of Carved Foam!

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
I am making a web series with puppets in them, so I decided to use one I made and to make some new ones. I am making a monster (in a few months) and a Lego guy (NOW!). I have the equipment, and I have 'Puppet Planet' which has a good pattern, but I need a pattern for the Lego Head. And remember, ths is to entertain you!

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Since LEGOs are pretty geometric as it is, you're likely to get better results making the head out of sheet foam. From my experience you can make more accurate calculations this way.

You pretty much just need to make a short cylinder with a top and bottom out of 1/2" sheet foam, and cut a small circle out of thicker foam (1") and stick it on top for the little connection bit LEGOs have.

If you need further help just ask.

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
That was really helpful! I JUST ran out of sheet foam, so it looks like I'm going to the fabric store. I have one more question about him though. Should I use fleece or dye? Anyway, I am making a live hand monster puppet with a roundish head. Should I use a block of foam or sheet foam for the head?
--
IgorPonweed

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
best way to entertain is to show us some thing new, so experiment and show us your interpretations of how to do things , dont just repeat what has been done before, that goes for building puppets as well as perfroming them

let your imagination run wild, thier are no right or wrong ways to do puppets , maybe youll discover some things we havnet seen or done before.

Best of Luck
that being said, use the search function, puppet building technigues get discussed here all the time.

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice! I think I'm going to try a felt pattern.