I need help remembering a certain kid's book

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
So when I was young, I normally avoided anything scary or creepy due to my strong fear of virtually everything. But for some weird reason I remember reading (and enjoying) this one book that I just can't remember hardly anything about for the life of me. The first time I read it was on Halloween (I think) so naturally, every single year during the Halloween season this annoying memory pops into my head and drives me up a wall trying to remember what the heck the book even was.

So could anyone please help me? From what I can remember, it was about a blue monster character that looked vaguely like an elephant. It had a trunk, I'm pretty sure and it took a little girl on some mystical, strange adventure. It could've been an Alice in Wonderland homage or something like that, but I'm not entirely sure. The only other thing I can remember about this forgotten book from the past is that the word "the" was in the title (I know, real specific am I right? lol) but that's only because "the" was currently the word we were learning about at Kindergarten the first time I read the book.

Does anybody have even the slightest possible idea of what I could be remembering? All I know is that it was probably something ridiculously sweet and saccharine because back then I hated anything even slightly scary. So if a book about a giant blue monster creeping into a girl's room at night and taking her onto a weird, surreal adventure didn't even phase me during the height of my scaredy cat days, it must've been something pretty kiddish that I'm thinking of.