I made a puppet

practicecactus

Reaction score
I had this guys head done a while ago, but never got round to finishing the rest of him, so I did.
With this being My second puppet making attempt, I again learnt a lot of things as I went.
he still needs some finishing touches, like a haircut (especially around his hands) but for now I can sigh with relief.
Pictures:here, here, and here.

robinthecrow

Reaction score
Reminds me of my Jez puppet here but without the large eyes and rods, he has tiny black pupil eyes and "live" hands for two performers - the kids loved him at my previous job!

Its a brilliant puppet btw.

David.

Vibs

Reaction score
Wau! He's so cool! I so want to make my own puppet... But until I do, I'm having fun with Minidoozer's (um, my real life friend, also a member here) socks.

pjpiperhop

Reaction score
Great Puppet

Great looking puppet!
A couple of questions.
1. I love the eyes and the eye lids. What are you using for the eyes,
and how did you attach the lids?
2. The arm rods look very sturdy. What are you using? How do you
have them attached.
You are right about he haircut, but I think that you have a good start on puppet building. (Are you sure that this is only your second puppet?)

gfarkwort

Reaction score
I LOVE him he looks so relaxed,but full of energy, because of his eyes.
That looks wonderful! :wink: :smile:

practicecactus

Reaction score
Wow, thanks guys.

pjpiperhop-
1. I used ping pong balls for eyes. and the eye lids are just wire wrapped around the eyes attached to a peice of dowel that runs through both eyes all the way through, that acts as an axle. Moved up and down by a little wire loop lever. that I operate using my middle finger. ( I posted a picture of this somewhere round here.)
2. Im using strong coat hanger type wire (I have no idea what grade of wire it is , I just bought a big roll of the stuff from a hardware store) it's strong, but still maliable.
I used Buck's ,aka Andrew's, method of doing hands and arms but instead of making them removable , I just glued two peices of leather together on the end of the wire and glued it into the hand as his tutorial shows.

..and yes, it's my second puppet. If you could see this thing close up, you would be assured.

P.S.- I was contacted by someone ,earlier ,through messenger and was having really bad Computer problems, so I'm really sorry, But you can get in contact with me now.

Tom Morrow

Reaction score
Looks really nice... great work on the eye mech as well! That always adds so much character.

Only advice I'd have is that he might need a bit of a wardrobe boost. He's such a fun looking character, the plain shirt looks like it wouldn't be his first choice. Maybe that's why he looks a little mad in that one pic? :smile:

Great work!
Tom

practicecactus

Reaction score
I know, I know.
Im on the look out for a metal band shirt...baby sized.