I just lost my job

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I just lost my job . . .

Yeah...I--I'm still kinda in shock...

My boss called me from AL (I contract for an AL company here in KY), and he told me that "the government has decided to not fund that position". So I'm jobless. I have 2 weeks left, which means this ends right around my birthday.

And last year's birthday sucked cause my ex-roommate had moved out and left me in the lurch in our place (though he turned out to be a liar and irresponsible pathetic thing anyway), and I really hate to have 2 sucky ones in a row... :frown:

*sigh*

This is pretty scary, I tell ya. He said I could stay in the company if I found another openin' on their website somewhere in the country, but I haven't found anything just yet. And I'd rather not move, but hey---I'd do it for a good opportunity. Just for the record, in case anyone hears anything, I have a degree in English (Writing) and my first job out of school here was as a technical writer.

Y'all, I'm gonna need some prayers and support here. I have payments to make, and I can't make 'em much longer if I don't have any income....so not fun...

I'm gonna go look online and see if any thing comes up...

*hopin' for the best*

Jackie

Reaction score
You know we're all here for you Byron! I know things are going to work out just fine. It's a little scary now but you are definitley going to get through this :smile:

Soon you'll be frying your hide again before ya know it!

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Byron,

Sorry to hear that - life can be sucky sometimes but theres usually enough fun stuff in the end to make up for it.

Gonzo

Reaction score
BYRON!!!

Sorry to hear that, Buddy--I know that was a great job for you. You'll find something again soon, keep your freakishly gawky chin up. We still love you. Our couch folds out, if you need a place to stay.

But I don't think we have enough ketchup for you.

Everything will work together for your good.

Mucho Love,

Quinnnnnnnn

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, man! Best wishes in the immediate future: you'll be ok! :smile:

- Billy :cool:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Wow. Sorry to hear about that. I do hope things will work out the best for you!

SammieRose

Reaction score
I'm weir for ya, pal...

Awwww, my little cheese lovin' friend. I'm here for a shoulder when you need it. You know that. :cool: I'll pray for you and keep my eyes open.

Joggy

Reaction score
That's terrible, Byron. Please hang in there. Would it make you feel better if I pretend I like Care Bears for a while?

EmmyMik

Reaction score
On the bright side of things...

Ok, I've been thinking about this, and some kind of good has to come out of this. So, I made up a little list...

--More time for Muppets. That can never be a bad thing, right?

--Time to travel. Think about it. You can go out exploring Outer Space and send us postcards.

Actually, that's pretty much my list. And it doesn't take care of things like money, paying for stuff, etc.

But I'll let you know if I can think of anything else to add to this list! :stick_out_tongue:

Keep your chin up!