I have an announcement

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
as u can all see, i changed my hammer and sickle avatar. i feel like it was probably the most controversial avatar muppet central has had. and the only reason i changed it is cuz i'm not a commie anymore..in fact im nothing really, all i know is that bush is an idiot and i believe in freedom and stuff...in fact im not really into politics that much anymore. and if u want to know why i felt the need to post this thread, its cuz i couldnt think of anything else to write and i havent been here in a long time, and i dont wanna just leave, u guys are like my second family! :smile:

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
punkNpuppets said:
as u can all see, i changed my hammer and sickle avatar. i feel like it was probably the most controversial avatar muppet central has had. and the only reason i changed it is cuz i'm not a commie anymore..in fact im nothing really, all i know is that bush is an idiot and i believe in freedom and stuff...in fact im not really into politics that much anymore. and if u want to know why i felt the need to post this thread, its cuz i couldnt think of anything else to write and i havent been here in a long time, and i dont wanna just leave, u guys are like my second family! :smile:
ok, the only reason im posting here, is because i wont be able to see all your faces when you look at this and think what an idiot i am...so, im really dumb ok, but what is a communist? and so, what would the opposite of commie be and what sort of 'thing' is george bush, again, apologies for ignorance...

leliebel

Reaction score
I think it's safe to declare this thread officially muffined. (or is that muffinized?)

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
jellyman kelly said:
ok, the only reason im posting here, is because i wont be able to see all your faces when you look at this and think what an idiot i am...so, im really dumb ok, but what is a communist? and so, what would the opposite of commie be and what sort of 'thing' is george bush, again, apologies for ignorance...
No problem--I didn't really know what the term meant until fairly recently. Here's about the best I can explain it:

A communist basically believes in a classless society where everyone has equal right to property, food, etc. In a communist society, resources are pooled and distributed equally by the government. The government also sets prices and there is no economic freedom.

The opposite of communism isn't clear. It sort of depends on which aspect of communism you're looking at. Most people would say either facism (one ruling class like Nazi Germany) or capitalism (economic freedom like the U.S.).

George Bush is most definitely a capitalist. Capitalism is more of the "every man for himself" approach and resources aren't pooled. A capitalist believes that prices should be based on supply and demand. The government does not determine who gets resources.

Hopefully, that clears it up a bit. Keep in mind these are very basic definitions though.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Amazing Mumford, that was really a grand definition! I'm really impressed!

Whatever

Reaction score
:sing: Announcements, announcements, announcements!
A terrible way to die, a terrible way to die,
a terrible way to bite the dust, a terrible way to die! :sing:

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Amazing Mumford, that was really a grand definition! I'm really impressed!
Thanks Vic!! I guess taking political philosophy and economics courses helped a little after all. Plus, I was fortunate to have some good teachers along the way.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Amazing Mumford said:
Thanks Vic!! I guess taking political philosophy and economics courses helped a little after all. Plus, I was fortunate to have some good teachers along the way.
lucky you....my teacher's well.....aren't

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
WELL....what do you fellas think of my NEW avatar? TIMMYYYY!!!!

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
punkNpuppets said:
WELL....what do you fellas think of my NEW avatar? TIMMYYYY!!!!
This is nothing against you, dude, but I HATE Timmy! He was worst the thing ever to happen to South Park! Worse than Towelie, okay! And that's pretty bad. (But that's just one person's opinion. But I've got no problem with the avatar!)

But other than it's spiffy-fantastic! X3

^_^ Debo