I bought a PT Cruiser today!

Jennifer12

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share with you guys. No special reason, I just don't have anything else to do, and I spent all my money, so....

I bought my very first brand-new-never-owned-by-anyone-else car today! An electric blue PT Cruiser that I have named Betty. I'm still reeling from the experience of sitting there for three hours while two different salesmen tried to convince me that I'd be saving money by spending more and paying a higher interest rate. I got up to walk out twice. And as much as I like the car, I haven't had a car payment in about 8 years. I paid cash for my last car, so I'm trying to get used to the idea of being in debt again. :concern:

After all the finagling (sp?) they congratulate me for buying a car! Shouldn't I have congratulated them for getting my money? :confused: :rolleyes:

Does anyone else have a PT Cruiser? I've read some very good reviews of the car, so I hope I made a good purchase in the long term.

Jennifer

Beebers

Reaction score
Just don't tell Beth C., jeez . . . but, congratulations! PT Cruisers so far have a good reputation and a decent performance life - they haven't been around long enough to show how long they really last. But it won't die on the day you make your last car payment lol.

:cool:

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
PT Cruisers are cool cars!! Congrats! I am really liking the new convertibles I keep seeing in commercials, but I don't know if I like them enough to give up my car!
:wink:

Whatever

Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes around naming cars! My mom's old car war a grey van that we called the Whale. Then she got a used white van, so we call it Moby Dick.