I am surprised

Gentle Giant

Reaction score
I am shocked that Henson didn't sue The WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) over the use of Fozzie's name. The WWE has a band named Fozzie:smile:

Ernie101

Reaction score
First off im the biggest wwe fan ever and its not there band its chris jerichos band and its not even spelled that way plus there is no where saying they cant use a name.

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gentle Giant
I am shocked that Henson didn't sue The WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) over the use of Fozzie's name. The WWE has a band named Fozzie:smile:
Why are you shocked? It's not the WWE's name, it's Chris Jericho's private band, and it has nothing to do with the Muppets. :smile:

Gentle Giant

Reaction score
Jackie,I thought it did. Oh well. Everyone makes mistakes. Have a blueberry muffin on me. Edward

Ernie101

Reaction score
LOL Ed anyway yeah its chris jerichos band he just performs on wwe shows.

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gentle Giant
Jackie,I thought it did. Oh well. Everyone makes mistakes. Have a blueberry muffin on me. Edward
Awesome :smile: Thank you very much!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Why are you shocked? It's not the WWE's name, it's Chris Jericho's private band, and it has nothing to do with the Muppets<<<

Well, from what they played on the dubya dubya eff programming, the band sounds like some lame 80's hair metal band. I do think Jericho got the name from the Muppets, perhaps inadvertently. But the WWE has their own problems(ie: living with various decisions that have all but left the wwe a formal shell of what they once were) Man, and ya thought em.tv were bad decision makers!

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Man, and ya thought em.tv were bad decision makers!
Vince and Linda are great decision makers. I worked for the WWF on a tour in 1997 and you quite honestly couldn't find a bunch of nicer people (kinda on a par with the Henson family) and many of them became and are personal friends. Their problem is that wrestling blows hot and cold all the time (very much like the Muppets) and so they have to find ways of dealing with the down periods. They have been at the top of their game for so long and it's now more difficult to find new ways to present wrestling as an entertainment package. Also now they have no competition which means there is no longer a real feeling of a competitive edge, and there is this large influx of talent from the other federations which means screen time for any individual wrestler would have been way down if they wouldn't have split the company into 'Raw' and 'Smackdown' rosters, and unfortuntely dividing the content makes it very confusing for viewers, but there was no other solution. Bringing in music (Jericho, Ozzie Ozsbourne and using lots of other rock artists for VT packages) is a way to bring back the old 'Rock and Wrestling' Era and see if doing an all round entetainment show helps them (it will likely bring the live audience numbers up) and re-using old 'classic' talent like Hogan, Goldust, or those at the 'Gimmick Battle Royal' they had two years ago at Wrestlemania is a way of exploting the nostalgia boom (just like the Muppets and ALF are doing nowdays) and trying to bring some of the old fans back and hopefully get them interested in the newer talent. So yes, some dodgy decisions that didn't quite work out, but also others that probably do exactly what they are designed to do - you can't really do new things without trying and they are in a strong enough position to try them.

EMTV (heck - i'm another former employee, i sense a pattern of me being at companies for a short time and them going down the pan) are great decision makers and very skilled at what they do - but as a parent company they have to make hard decisions (especially with EM and JHC both having financial troubles right now) and they aren't always going to be 'good' from a Muppet fans perspective or that of the Henson company but they certainly have their reasons and have purposely done most of what you have been seeing over the past two years. To be blatent - if it wasn't for a few key decisions that EMTV made last year you wouldn't be seeing anything like the Muppet 'resurgence' that you feel is starting to happen this year and will hopefully carry onto the next.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Vince and his family are some of the nicest people when your nice to them

statler&waldorf

Reaction score
here's the deal.
Fazzy is a spoof of 80s hair bands. they even did a mini mockumentary when the first album came out (ala this is spinal tap).
where they had been stuck in japan fo 20 years and all the hair bands had stolen there songs. that's why the first album was cover songs, because they had really written them.
In reality, they started about six or seven years ago (possibly more) as fozzy osbourne, a joke on jericho's website. They had a fictional album called blizzard of fozz that was the blizzard of ozz album cover with fozzie the bear's head. For the record, they are not actually as bad as they sounded on raw last week. Not the greatest thing since sabbath, but pretty good.

Peace out!
Hulkania Rules
S&W