Here Come the Muppets Eerie Coincidence

Dearth

Reaction score
The other day I was listening to the audio of the Disney-MGM stage show "Here Come the Muppets" and got a real chill when they got to the part about the monorail crash. This was just a couple of days after the monorail fatality in Orlando. Now, obviously, that particular Muppet attraction closed in the summer of 1991, but you can bet your bottom dollar that if it had still been running in 2009 (or if a real monorail crash had occurred back then), that's one attraction that would have been closed the next day. For those who don't remember the gag, Kermit enters the theatre to find it deserted. Fozzie arrives next, and K. asks where the others are. Fozzie says they're taking the monorail. Kermit comments that the monorail doesn't come through here... CRASH. The cockpit of monorail red comes bursting through the stage right wall, and the Electric Mayhem et al. get out. Fozzie: It does now!I found a pic of the Muppet monorail crash online, it looked as if they were letting Animal drive. No wonder. Anyway, one of my favorite parts of Here Come the Muppets is the up-tempo version of "It's Not Easy Bein' Green" where Kermit is joined by Fozzie, Gonzo, and Bean Bunny. Odd to think that you can hear both Jim Henson and Steve Whitmire (the once and future Kermits) singing it together. Dearth

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Wow, that's really strange! I bet that you are right about if it were still running. It would have definitely been shut down (Or maybe they would have just taken that part out?). Odd coincidence though!

AAO

Reaction score
honestly, they wouldn't have closed down the attraction the following day. I work with Disney and the last thing they want to do is draw attention to something such as that by making a bigger deal and closing an attraction due to an incident that could have been avoided. :frown:

But I understand your concerns! :smile:

Frogster

Reaction score
I know this is sorta off subject but where could one get the audio for the "Here Come The Muppets" show?

AAO

Reaction score
I'm not really sure... Old shows like that Disney kindly just puts those things in storage for a long time or use clips from old audio for maybe montages or stuff like that...