Hensonville Swimming Pools

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, and welcome to the HV Swimming Pools. You may be wondering, what is this now?

Well, here's a bit of history for those of you who may not know.
Back in 2004, Hensonville City started out as a simple dorms housing building, designed to let people room with whichever Muppets they thought would be their ideal roommates in a college-type setting. But that wasn't the only place we had to have fun back then.
There were three threads that existed hand-in-hand with each other for water-based wackyness:
The Bathtub Thread, started by BethC, where all you needed was just one single post posted in order to join.
The Senior Hottub Thread, which had two areas:
1 The Waiting Kiddie Pool, for all members who hadn't yet achieved a total of 1000 posts and gotten their Senior Member title; and
2 The Hottub Area, for all those members who already attained their titles.
The Dorm Pools, which served as a place for us dorm dwellers to continue the craziness.

So what happened to these threads? Unfortunately, Muppet Central got a crowd of kids who were interested in padding their post totals with fluff/nothing posts (basic headnod/I agree/IDK one-line response-type posts) and the administrator decided to lock the Games section of our city, slashing most if not all the prominent games unless he was directly petitioned to keep them intact. Which is why nowadays, these threads require a mod-key to open them.

Lucky you, you happen to have this member of the city's council deciding to use his mod-key to reopen the dorm pools, now known as the HV Swimming pools. For that reason, it'll only be open to registered residents of the current Hensonville roster for these first few days. However, if the residents know someone with at least 1000 posts and/or would be an acceptable addition in spite of not having the post total requirement, then go ahead and invite them, but advise said person to contact me first in order to confirm the invitation issueing them their pool pass or not.
The reason this has to be done is because there will always be undesirable lurkers creeping around the forums, we have to protect ourselves... And I have to make sure that the people invited will play well as part of the Hensonville community, monitoring gameplay, and if needed asking them to respectfully leave should it come to that point.

Thanks, hope you guys have fun, and here's to another great summer season.

HV Management Team.
*Uses mod-key to open the pools up for the summer season.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
:news: I can do a backstroke! Wanna see?

Rhonda *sunbathing on chaise* Goldie, ya know it only counts if you're NOT using a pool noodle under you, right?

Eh...looks good, Newsie. Hey, uh, Pinkie...can you spread a little more lotion between my shoulders?

Pink: Shoul-ders. Mn. Awww. Yip yip yip yip.
Blue *jealous, grabs lotion bottle away* Awww! Shoul-ders! Awwwwwyipyipyipyip!

Hey -- HEY! Knock it off! No tentacle fights ON me!

Rhonda *giggling* Now that's what I call complete coverage. What's their UV rating?
----------------

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:Batty: Hmm, vhat do ve think?
*:zany: hands out score cards.
:batty: No, not that, uh-nuh, nope... Ah, here ve go.
*Holds up a 3 for Newsie's flip.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
:news: A 3? Is that out of 5?

Rhonda: I thought the Olympics used a 10-scale.

:news: Fine...I'll...I'll do a dive, then! Watch THIS! *climbs awkwardly onto the lowest level diving board with an inflated cute-allygator innertube around his waist and clutching a pool noodle across his chest*

Rhonda: Mark Spitz, eat yer heart out.

------------

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Link Hogthrob: *inflatable pink dolphin float ring in hand, making a run to the wading pool* Canonball! *splash* Ow!... I think I hurt my fanny...

Annie Sue: Wait for me, Link. Hey, Link, you're not allowed in the kiddy pool. You're a grown man, not a little boy. *sigh* This is embarrassing... ._.

Johnny Fiama: *eye-roll* A perfect way to spoil my free evenin', Link. -.- *take a sip of martini and pulls out a chair next to Linda* Sal! Another shot! On the double!

Linda Mezzo: *donning an oversized retro sun hat* It seems incredibly accurate to me. *snickers*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mark Spits? You need to update the resume.
UD: There's a joke there, but I'll not be the one making it.

Er, he knows the tube won't really let him plunge, right?
*Sips at a coconut colada.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Sings...
There she goes again.
Running through his head.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------
Rhonda: JOHNNY! Bubee...I like mine extra dry, and shaken, not stirred...

:news: Hey ...you shouldn't mix alcohol and swimming!

Rhonda: Who said I'm here to SWIM? You EVER see a rat willingly SWIM? I am HERE, Muppet medalist wannabe, for the sun and the relaxing part. Sal, can you put a cocktail onion in mine, not the olives? Thanks cutie.

*doing my best to execute a perfect backdive off the midrange-height board*
-----------------

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Finishes drink, sets glass down. *Picks up bat-topped innertube, walks up the stairs, and enjoys the ride down the twisty slide.

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Angie: *shrug* Link never understands anything, anyway. XP

Link Hogthrob: *chillaxing in the kiddy pool* Hey. :C I heard that!

Annie Sue: *bathing her feet in the kiddy pool, offering Link a back massage*

Link Hogthrob: *rests head on Annie Sue's lap* Ah... <3

Angie: Um... Annie. Link. Think of the children, please...

Johnny Fiama: 'Ey, Sal. Baby. Shall we hit th' Jacuzzi? ;D

Sal Minella: Sure thing, Johnny! *fleets to the hot tub*

Johnny Fiama: Sal. Be cool, now...

Linda Mezzo: No runnin'! >:C

Sal Minella: ...sorry! D: