Hawthorne's Muppet Christmas Village Review

TimmyMonsterIL

Reaction score
Just to let everyone know, I just last week completed the Muppet Christmas Village. The Christmas tree was the last piece in the collection. And as a whole, I am happy, but not thrilled!

The houses themselves are VERY fragile! Just getting them out of the packaging, I've had to fix 2 things with super glue!

Miss Piggy is, to be honest, ugly.... She just didn't translate into such a small recreation.:mad:

Kermit, Gonzo, Rizzo, Swedish Chef, & Animal are all very cute!:smile:

Statler and Waldorf are part of the toy shop and their likeness is poor... and as the original picture showed Fozzie was made WITH A TAIL! :concern:

The other disappointing thing is Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker, and Scooter were all canceled! They would have only been made had the collection been extended past the initial 4 pictured houses/tree! I only found that out after I called customer service inquiring as to when I would get them.

So all and all, a cute addition to my Christmas decorations - but not what I expected entirely.... So I would consider this if you are still on the fence of buying these!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your review. Do you have any photos?

I was initially interested in this, but I have so many darn Muppet figures already that this would have to be top quality for my consideration. There were just too many missteps. Fozzie's tail was the last straw. It shouldn't have passed phase one of the review/alteration process. It doesn't surprise me that the other components have been canceled.

Still, I like the idea of Christmassy Muppet stuff out there for people to buy even if it isn't A grade.