Has anyone used Foamonline.com?

CoOKiE

Reaction score
I'm interested in buying some Polyurethane Foam Cubes from them at $15.68 for a 1x1x1 cube. Walmart used to carry them for about $10, but they no longer carry them... which stinks because thats the only place around here that sold foam that thick.

Has anyone used there site?

Or does anyone know where i can find Polyurethane Foam Cubes for a cheaper price?

biblebetty

Reaction score
have you ever thought of going to a upholstery fabrics & supplies store. I have one here in california called foam'n fabrics, inc. they do upholstering and custom cushions. they sell very thick foam & thin in drifferent sizes and driffernet type of foam, and it very inexpensive. they also throw away lots of used foam so i go dumpster diveing and get all kinds of things. see if there is one where you live. it's not very expensive.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
not to sound dumb... but how whould i look this up in a phone book? or any other source? "foam"?

i tried to online and Foamonline.com was really the best price. I tried that bobsfoam site, but it was confusing to me.

I'm not experienced with puppet making... i've only tought myself from what i see and hear (ahem and read too).

... its turned out ok so far... lol

biblebetty

Reaction score
you look under upholstery, or funiture upholstery (my husband says not auto upholstery). You see there are people (like my dad's bestfriend) that do their own upholstery as a hobby. before you try a site check this out. believe me their prices are cheaper than stores like wal-mart etc. and they do specials foam cuts and have very thick foam (to upholstery couches, pillows etc)

CoOKiE

Reaction score
thank you... since its a sunday, no ones picking up their phones :frown: but i did however manage to get alot of locations within 25mins of driving, from my house.