Happy Birthday Gorgon Heap!

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday David! We hope you have a great day. If you have any left over cake, feel free to bring it by here. I'm pretty sure there's a couple of people who'll help you eat it. :wink:

FER SURE

Reaction score
Happy Birthday

I found my 20th to be the most uneventful birthday of my life. Get out there and make your own fun.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Dave,

Hope you have a wonderful day. Thanks for being a great friend.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Happy B-day Dave! Just remember to eat the cake and NOT the baker.

beaker

Reaction score
HAPPY BDAYS!!!

Hey ebersole! Happy bday! Hope to see you and everyone else at
Mfest 2002(If the guy on hollywood squares is right about a Mfest 2002!)

///beaker///

Joggy

Reaction score
Happy birthday to a fellow TMS Geek!

I would have loved to get you a present, but I couldn't find any Muppet Show information you didn't have already. So, sorry. LOL!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Thanks everybody

I was afraid no one had remembered. Then I remembered there's a feature on the board that tells you whose birthday it is. I have the misfortune of having a birthday the day after Jim Henson's death. Heck of an irony.

20 was one of the best birthdays I've had in a while. For the first time in years I had a party, but I only finally made the decision about it the day before. I invited 7 people- my 2 best friends, a buddy who may be my roommate next year, a girl who in a few years' time could be my love interest (don't ask) and my 3 roommates from last year. The first three showed up, and one of my roommates made a nearly hourlong drive to attend. Everyone brought their suits and towels for the hot tub, but for two hours all we did was talk and drink pop and eat Doritos. Brandon (roommate) had to leave at 10. Then the four of us remaining went downstairs to watch home movies that best buddy Kevin and I had made. Our film short, "2 Smart for Ireland" (which we filmed over the course of a weekend for his writing class when we were juniors in high school), turned out to have much more innuendo than we realized, as pointed out by Colin (probable roommate). Then around 11 Colin had to leave, leaving only Bridget, Kevin, and myself. We went in the hot tub, forgot to cover it back up (the next morning the water was down 6 inches and the temp. dropped from 95 to 73) then had the cake and ice cream. Next time I'll go with the whippy frosting instead of butter cream; no matter what the size of the piece of cake, the icing is rich enough to make it too much. Twas a laugh-filled evening. Maybe next year I can plan it further in advance and invite more people. Maybe later this summer I can plan that backyard barbecue I've been meaning to have for a couple of years.

Cindy- finished the cake today- sorry!

Jog- well, if you want to tell me something, is there anything special about the Bruce Forsyth episode? Good jokes, interesting one-time characters, good musical numbers? I remember when the Least Favorite episode topic at the old board became episode reviews, and I believe Hans said that the Bruce Forsyth one is kind of boring. As I recall at that time episodes like Charles Aznavour, Lena Horne and Peter Ustinov tended to re-use a lot of jokes and were also less anarchic and more predictable. I know a bit about Bruce Forsyth, though have no idea how he is as a performer- how is he?

Two more questions: isn't Sweetums in one of the John Denver Christmas specials? If so, what does he do? Second, what's this about the man-eating chicken (have I got that right?) from "Rocky Mountain Holiday"? Where does he/it come into play?

Thanks again everybody.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole