Fur Advice: Rizzo

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Hi Folks, I am finally going to tackle my first Muppet, Rizzo the Rat. I must stress, I have no skill whatsoever but am going to go all out on creating something as close as possible to the real puppet. Can anyone point me in the right direction for Rizzos fur??

I know the actual Rizzo has a paint treatment added to get the right look but I am stumped as to what his fur is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Hi All, unfortunately the link to the Rizzo fur above disappeared, does anyone have any idea where to get Rizzo fur as close as possible to the real stuff?

I have been advised (by a wonderfully helpful guy!) that the factory the created the actual fur was knocked down in the Japan earthquake. Is there anything close available?

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated!!

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Cheers again, Peter!!! You are, once again, my saviour!! Is there a treatment I can give the fur to give it the crumpled(?) appearance Rizzo's has? I've read of people boiling fur.

muppetperson

Reaction score
There is a way of "dirtying" it up, but I don't know what you rub into it. Send a PM to Propologist. He may be able to give you some tips as he made the eFX Rizzo prototype.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
There is a way of "dirtying" it up, but I don't know what you rub into it. Send a PM to Propologist. He may be able to give you some tips as he made the eFX Rizzo prototype.
Maybe I give the fur to my nephew for 1/2 an hour :smile: