Frightmare Alley puppets?

Teheheman

Reaction score
My buddies and I were thinking of doing an episode where we're all puppets. I'm not quite sure where to start. Nor do I know whether it's probably cheaper to make our own or to get one made for us. We'll be sure to give the makers credit on the show but I don't wanna spend $80,000 on 3 puppets for 1 show, especially since we don't have that kind of budget. Hope somebody knows more about that than I do.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh man, I'd LOVE to see FRIGHTMARE ALLEY puppets! I'd help you out if I could, but man, my construction skills are pretty pitiful compared to most other people, that any puppet caricatures I'd crank out of Sebastian Hexx, Chip Whitley, or Master Deat's would look awful.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Oh man, I'd LOVE to see FRIGHTMARE ALLEY puppets! I'd help you out if I could, but man, my construction skills are pretty pitiful compared to most other people, that any puppet caricatures I'd crank out of Sebastian Hexx, Chip Whitley, or Master Deat's would look awful.
That's fine, although I wouldn't mind seeing at least drawings of what you'd come up with, I understand why you wouldn't mind letting somebody else do it. I'm just looking to be pointed in the direction of either somebody, or a company to e-mail or chat with about this, so I can get prices, and an idea on where to go from there.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's fine, although I wouldn't mind seeing at least drawings of what you'd come up with
That much I know I can do for you, because I can at least picture in my mind what the puppets might look like...

If you'd like, I can try to come up with some sketches for you, then perhaps you could take those around to other puppet builders out there and see if they can make them work.

Teheheman

Reaction score
That much I know I can do for you, because I can at least picture in my mind what the puppets might look like...

If you'd like, I can try to come up with some sketches for you, then perhaps you could take those around to other puppet builders out there and see if they can make them work.
I wouldn't mind, I'll at least show my friends to see what they think. To see if they want us to use the drawings or to send them our picture. Heck, even if we don't use your drawings to send to builders, we can at least post them on our FB page for everybody else to enjoy.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Quick question for ya Daniel, I'm working on the designs and sketches for the FA puppets, but I'm a little thrown off with Sebastian Hexx, since unlike Chip and Deat's, his appearance changes in various episodes, especially different masks, so I was wondering if you guys have a preference of a particular or specific get-up the puppet would have? Lemme know.

I can go ahead and tell you that I see both Chip and Deat's as rod puppets, but considering Sebastian is the one who handles the remote, plus other props, I think he would definitely work better as a glove puppet.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Quick question for ya Daniel, I'm working on the designs and sketches for the FA puppets, but I'm a little thrown off with Sebastian Hexx, since unlike Chip and Deat's, his appearance changes in various episodes, especially different masks, so I was wondering if you guys have a preference of a particular or specific get-up the puppet would have? Lemme know.

I can go ahead and tell you that I see both Chip and Deat's as rod puppets, but considering Sebastian is the one who handles the remote, plus other props, I think he would definitely work better as a glove puppet.
I, personally, would put him in the gargoyle get up(The one with the horns, as in the first episode). But, either one of them would work. My 2nd choice would be the one with the bowler and the horns with the white face. He said to surprise him lol.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Based on those two suggestions, I'd probably go with your second choice, I think that would probably help keep costs down (I believe the gargoyle head alone would probably require a lot of carving and flocking) and would be a lot simpler to construct.

I do have one idea though, but I want to run it by you first: I was look at some of the promotional pics for references, and notice in a number of them, we have Sebastian Hexx with the face of a skull, as well as a skull shirt; before I settle on a design, I just want to make sure we're on the same page. I like each of them, but like you said, you don't want to have to pay a whole heap of money, and I want to help keep your costs down.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Based on those two suggestions, I'd probably go with your second choice, I think that would probably help keep costs down (I believe the gargoyle head alone would probably require a lot of carving and flocking) and would be a lot simpler to construct.

I do have one idea though, but I want to run it by you first: I was look at some of the promotional pics for references, and notice in a number of them, we have Sebastian Hexx with the face of a skull, as well as a skull shirt; before I settle on a design, I just want to make sure we're on the same page. I like each of them, but like you said, you don't want to have to pay a whole heap of money, and I want to help keep your costs down.
He said that's fine. Although, I would be curious on what you had in mind for the other things he dresses up with, you don't have to draw all of em.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, here we are, submitted for your approval:

I decided to go with your second choice for Sebastian Hexx, because it was the only one that looked good in puppet form; again, as I said, because he handles the remote and other items and props, I designed him as a glove puppet. Chip Whitley is a fairly simple rod puppet. Master Deat_s would probably be the most complicated of the three of them, but you guys don't have to use these designs, these are just for you to consider, to give you an idea of how they would look/work as puppets.

Let me know what you guys think.