Frank Oz's Visit, Health, Parents, Etc.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
As you may or may not know, I live in Kansas City. Last night, I came home to a darkened apartment with a wife in bed asleep. I was completely awake so I thought I would stay up and catch up on my crossword puzzles from my local paper. I opened up Thursday's edition and to my surprise, I saw a headline that read: Miss Piggy's Grandparents. I was amazed I hadn't noticed it on Thursday whilst rifling through the paper. Here is what the article had to say, in short:

Frank Oz was supposed to come into town to help raise money for Kansas City's Paul Mesner Puppets. The event was to kick off a three month exhibit showcasing Frank's parents' work as puppeteers. Here's how Frank is connected with Paul Mesner: Frank's father, Mike, was the godfather to Martin Leon, Paul Mesner's assistant artistic director. Apparently, Leon just asked Frank if they could do an exhibit here in town and Frank agreed.

Frank was scheduled to hold a fundraiser Friday night with Miss Piggy as his guest. I was very upset that I had missed out on that. Upon reading further, I learned Frank was to appear for a lecture on Saturday morning along with his pals Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Grover and Animal. Not wanting to miss out on that, I immediately called the number given in the paper for reservations. Being 11 o'clock at night, I expected to receive the automatic message. I did, but was quite disappointed to hear that Frank's appearance had been postponed due to illness.

I truly hope Frank is okay. I was encouraged to hear that the event was postponed and not cancelled. I plan on staying in touch with the ticket office to find out when he might be rescheduling. If anyone lives nearby and is interested in "A Passion for Puppets. The Life and Legacy of Mike and Frances Oznowicz, parents of Frank Oz" (lengthy title), let me know. It's open noon to five Wednesdays through Saturdays, July 13 through Sept. 30. The exhibit is free. Also, I'll let you know if and when Frank is coming back in case anyone is interested in coming in to see him. The article never mentioned if this was a travelling exhibit.

Thanks for tuning in and I'll catch you all on the flip side!

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Beulah Witch said:
Where is it in KC?

The address for the exhibit is:

Paul Mesner Puppet Studio
1006 E. Linwood Blvd. (No Zip Code provided)

Phone #:
(816) 756-3500

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I called the ticket office and was finally able to get a response about the post-poned "Frank Oz and His Muppet Friends" lecture. They still don't have an exact date, but I was told that the event would be rescheduled for the end of September or early October. They told me to call back in early September for more information so I'll keep y'all updated.