Frank Oz's new movie starring Billy Crystal

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Anyone hear about this? I didn't see a thread started so I figure I make one. I heard it's going to be called "Winter's Discontent". I can't wait to see this as well as the new Muppet movie. :smile: I heard it was announced at Cannes Film Festival.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm not sure I would want to sit in a theater and have Billy Crystal staring at me for two hours, I'd feel a little uncomfortable.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Here's the IMDb description.
A sexually frustrated widower and his best buddy move into a retirement community with his best buddy with one objective: to get laid.

Directed by: Frank Oz
Cast:
Billy Crystal

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Yeah I read about this, not a big Billy Crystal fan, but we all know Frank is funny, and it's great that he'll have a new project out there.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Billy and Frank, but the plot doesn't appeal to me at all. Frank could prove us wrong though.

I'm just glad to see that Frank is working on movies again.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I agree on both ends on this. It is definitely a subject matter which doesn't make me feel comfortable seeing in a movie. But yeah, Frank is very cleaver. It depends on how it's done. I personally liked What About Bob and Death at a Funeral, and I hope it's just as good. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Is this the first movie Frank directed since Disney bought the Muppets? It seems like a long time since he last directed, and hasn't performed his Muppets during that time. I don't know if he was looking at scripts or working on any films that got canceled/assigned to other directors. Though I recall seeing an interview once where he said he didn't need to direct something just because he needed the work.