Fraggle Parents?

Squall Leonhart

Reaction score
I've been wondering this for awhile and maybe somebody can help me out. Gobo, has Uncle Matt, Uncle Matt had Uncle Gobo. Junior has his mom and dad, The Doozer's have parent's so where are the Fraggle's parents? Did they live in another part of the rock or something?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It was said in a couple of interviews that the show's creators started out including Fraggle babies on the show, at least during the them song (hence implying parents). But then that raised questions of how Fraggles were born. They weren't sure how to go about explaining that so they stopped showing babies etc.

Pork

Reaction score
haha, that explains it.

Rose

Reaction score
Well to simplfie complcations there would have been all too easy. Just say they were born in the radish garden. When you pull up a stem a baby comes from the gtound kind of like mandrakes. :stick_out_tongue:

It was said in a couple of interviews that the show's creators started out including Fraggle babies on the show, at least during the them song (hence implying parents). But then that raised questions of how Fraggles were born. They weren't sure how to go about explaining that so they stopped showing babies etc.

Foodie

Reaction score
I still prefer to think fraggles are born like people are. I thought I read once that the writers toyed with the idea of having an egg fall into the fraggle pond that hatched a fraggle. Dunno how true that is... but then, that did happen in " Wembley's Egg "... 'cept a bird came outta the egg. :smirk:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The Storyteller once told a story of a Fraggle, mentioned he was first "hatched." But of course, that could just be an affectionate term, not necessarily literal lol.

I'd prefer to think they're mammals just because they do have fur. But perhaps they're a combination, mammal and egg hatching. :wink:

Foodie

Reaction score
The Storyteller once told a story of a Fraggle, mentioned he was first "hatched." But of course, that could just be an affectionate term, not necessarily literal lol.

She did?

muppet baby

Reaction score
Wow i never thaought much about the faggle Parents, but that is a good thought .

Well who knows about those that where talked about hmmmmmmmmm well in one way i wish that they would talk about all the parents hmmmmmmmmmm maybe if the series went longer i would have come up he he he anyway the series is wonderful .:smile: :excited:

superboober

Reaction score
I can't help wondering if something awful might have happened to Boober's parents. If so, it would certainly explain the root of his depression.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Yep. In the "Terrible Tunnel" episode. She says: "The famous Fedora Fraggle was first hatched in..." then Wembley cuts her off to request the tale of the Terrible Tunnel. You have to be quick to catch it, but it's there.

It was toyed with in the beginnings of the show that Fraggles came from eggs. Though many mammals (assuming Fraggles are mammals) don't lay eggs, there are exceptions. (The platypus for example).

Convincing John