Fraggle figures! (we need 'em)

beaker

Reaction score
I don't know where it's at, but Palisades posted their Gobo Fraggle prototype figure online some time back.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Hmm...it looks cool but the head and hair are a bit off. How come they never went along with it if they were going to make figures?
Yeah, the figure needed alot of work.

Palisades didn't make the figure because Disney purchsed the Muppets before JHC could agree to have Gobo put in a special 2-pack with a Muppet fig.

BEAR

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
Yeah, the figure needed alot of work.

Palisades didn't make the figure because Disney purchsed the Muppets before JHC could agree to have Gobo put in a special 2-pack with a Muppet fig.
Was Fraggle Rock included in the deal when Disney bought the Muppets? Who owns Fraggle Rock?

mikealan

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Was Fraggle Rock included in the deal when Disney bought the Muppets? Who owns Fraggle Rock?
Well, The Jim Henson Company still owns Fraggle Rock, but HIT! Entertainment currently owns it for DVD's.

BEAR

Reaction score
Fraggle figures would be neat, I dunno how long the line would last though since the cast of characters isn't as large as say Sesame Street or The Muppet Show. And you couldn't really do any variations since the Fraggles never change their clothes. Still, I would love to see it.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Actually the fraggles donned several different costumes throughout the series; yeah, just for 1 scene or episode lotsa times, but still...but then we do have "fraggle jammies" variations, too. They just wouldn't be as well-known as TMS ones (except to hard-core fans who've seen a good hunk o' the series).

If they did make 'em though, I'd love me a "Trash Heap Mokey" from the episode "New Trash Heap In Town"! :big_grin: