For the first time on YouTube ever...

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
None other than the complete version of Sesame Street's All Star 25th Birthday: Stars and Street Forever! Since Sesame Street doesn't seem to be doing anything special for the 45th, what better way to celebrate than by watching one of the 25th anniversary specials!

For some reason, I was not too fond of this special when I was a toddler- whenever we watched it (my mom taped it when it originally aired), I would run out of the room crying. My mom figures that it was probably due to Mr. Grump's harshness and the way he yelled at everyone.

But, anyways, here it is! Enjoy!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I saw this for the first time at the Paley Center a couple of months ago.

It's fairly "meh." That WormTV bit makes me embarrassed for Danny and Reah. ToughPigs was right on the money with the word "thankless."

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
So...you don't like this special just because of the WormTV bit?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
No, overall it's pretty "meh." That part in particular is really hard to watch.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
What else do you not like about this special? (I won't judge you- I'm just wondering in general.)

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The ToughPigs article pretty much sums up everything.

It's not bad, it's just not very interesting to me. It's a lot of the same "we're in trouble, what will we do" in every scene before any actual plot development happens.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I see. But, hey, the clip montages follow a pattern quite differently than the anniversary specials before that.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This special is pretty cool. I want the lyrics for Our Favorite Street. "Is news-lady from real news show or from trashy tabloid?" is probably my favorite line.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It was so good to see the whole special after all these years. I recorded it but it stopped halfway through the "Worm TV" montage, and my recording started at the last second of Barbra Walter's introduction. Actually, I didn't get to watch the beginning "live" when it was broadcast, so this is the first time I watched the whole thing (and actually, after the introduction, I skipped straight to where my copy stops... I've seen the whole special, but still haven't watched the whole special in one sitting).

I saw a picture of Barbara Walters and Sully at the beginning, and assumed the scene had her interviewing him (and likely interrupting). But that's clearly not the case.

Though it looks like the intro to the alphabet montage is a little cut off at the beginning.

Wow, I wasn't expecting that for the title sequence, even though part of it was used for commercial bumpers. It's interesting how so many of the celebrities who appear in clips are acknowledged in the opening credits (though not all celebrities... Noticably, it doesn't acknowledge any who only appear in the Put Down the Duckie and Monster in the Mirror montages).

And wow, that Worm TV montage has a lot more songs than I remember being there. I felt like Elmo and the Lavendar Moon was included but was never truly sure (I guess I was wrong), and don't remember seeing clips like the Hola song, ABC Disco, My Name, and that penguin song at the Furry Arms Hotel.

Wow, although my copy ends about 14 minutes early, there's only one montage after where mine cuts off at, and no further guest stars.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
It's interesting how so many of the celebrities who appear in clips are acknowledged in the opening credits (though not all celebrities... Noticably, it doesn't acknowledge any who only appear in the Put Down the Duckie and Monster in the Mirror montages).
John Candy is mentioned.