First Look at "The Muppets" Logo

Reevz1977

Reaction score
http://www.movieweb.com/news/the-muppets-logo-featuring-kermit-the-frog-and-the-muppet-cast

Personally I have to say, whilst I like the image, as a professional Designer and Illustrator I think the logo is dreadful:attitude:

I was really hoping, with everything Jason Segal has stated about going back to the old days, the logo would reflect that of the older Muppet logo, as seen on the script on the promotional image.

I for one am hugely disappointed by this logo but still hold out alot of hope, that the movie will be everything we've been waiting for! I particularly happy with the new (old) Scooter and Sam puppets! ! !

theprawncracker

Reaction score
There's no saying that this is the logo they'll use. In fact, most signs point to it NOT being the logo they use for the movie. It can also be seen on the Amazon.com Muppet store (amazon.com/muppets) and I highly doubt they would reuse something we've already seen. I wouldn't be too concerned about this. I think the logo might be being used to promote the brand as a whole, but not the movie.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Awww Ryan, just seen you've got the logo on the mindset - apologies for ruining the scoop:embarrassed:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Awww Ryan, just seen you've got the logo on the mindset - apologies for ruining the scoop:embarrassed:
Haha you didn't ruin anything! I didn't scoop it anyway... Stitch Kingdom got it yesterday and I got it from them. :stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think this is a transitional logo. It cleverly ties their name to Kermit and the Muppets without going out and saying "Disney's Muppets", however it's a standard blocky font with a decorated "M". It seems like work done by a talented art school student. Sure, it's kind of childish, but I think that's the point - to get young people interested in the Muppets. I think this will be used for only a section of marketing and that the actual film logo will be something different. That appears to be the route they're going. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
We've seen this logo unveiled a while ago, and I gotta say, I'm disappointed they ARE using it. But hey, better lousy looking logo for a movie, merchandise, and various other things than to not have ANY of those things at all.

Shame they didn't use a classic Muppet Show font, though.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Man, I miss the old Vaudevillian font. That chunky font makes me think of LOLcats.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
not a fan of that logo but my eyes going to dr teeth takin of his hat but that logo is not like the rest

dwmckim

Reaction score
I agree - given the original source is from a D23-esque cruise, i think this will largely be a frequently seen promotional image but not the ultimate "official" image seen on movie posters and the like. We're all assuming it's going to be "The New Logo" but no one's actually said so.

Nonetheless - get used to seeing this photo EVERYWHERE for a while. Just think! Instead of getting tired of seeing that old poser photo of The Swedish Chef kissing his fingers looking more like he's smoking a cigar everywhere, now we have a NEW image of Chef finger kissing/mock-smoking to get tired of seeing everywhere!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nonetheless - get used to seeing this photo EVERYWHERE for a while. Just think! Instead of getting tired of seeing that old poser photo of The Swedish Chef kissing his fingers looking more like he's smoking a cigar everywhere, now we have a NEW image of Chef finger kissing/mock-smoking to get tired of seeing everywhere!
Naw, naw... that's the Chef's impersonation of Dishonest John from Beany and Cecil.

But something to be happy about, Rowlf, Scooter, AND the Electric Mayhem are out there up front. Too bad there's no Pepe, but still... Scooter and Rowlf! :wink: