Favorite version of The Rainbow Connection

What's your favorite version of The Rainbow Connection?

• The Original by Kermit the Frog

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • The version in The Muppets

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Kermit with Debbie Harry

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • The Carpenters

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Justin Timberlake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Willie Nelson

• Kenny Loggins

• Sarah McLachlan

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Darren Criss

• Judy Collins

• Me First And The Gimme Gimmes

• Less Than Jake

• Peter Cincotti

• Weezer and Hayley Williams

• Other…

• Total voters

Vincent L

Reaction score
According to Wikipedia, there are many covers of The Rainbow Connection, including Judy Collins, The Carpenters, Sarah McLachlan, DAT Politics, Aaron Lewis, Kenny Loggins, The Dixie Chicks, Justin Timberlake, Kris Aquino, Kiki and Herb, Jason Mraz, The Pussycat Dolls, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, Tay Zonday, Jim Brickman, Caroline's Spine, Estradasphere, Leftöver Crack (with dramatically different lyrics), The Dresden Dolls, Willie Nelson, Peter Cincotti, Jane Monheit, Fifteen, Lea Salonga, Andy Bernard (played by Ed Helms) in The Office, Jim James of My Morning Jacket, The Loves, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole and Trespassers William.

Which version is your favorite? Personally, I like the original most, but I also like the Carpenters version a lot. I mean, who can dislike Karen's voice?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I picked Kermit, lol, but yeah The Carpenters' cover is really lovely too. :smile:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I have to go with the original version from The Muppet Movie, though I adore the ending version with The Magic Store. I really like the lyric change in that version.

why are there so many songs about rainbows?
that's part of what rainbows do.
rainbows are memories, sweet dream reminders,
what is it you'd like to do?
all of us watching, and wishing we'd find it
I've noticed you're watching too
someday you'll find it, the rainbow connection
the lovers, the dreamers, and you

To me, this verse is saying that no matter how silly or outlandish your dreams may seem, it's okay to believe in it, to keep looking for that "rainbow connection". I love that message. :smile:

Auberoun

Reaction score
I chose the original. However, I do admit the one in the Muppets had me teary eyed because it was as if Jim was watching, and saying "Wow, it's like I never left, good job guys!" It was that special feeling that I got during the 80s films...something quite rare post Jim Henson era. It's like something just clicked for that scene.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Definitely the original Kermit version.

Although I really really loved the Weezer cover on the Green Album too!

Hayley B

Reaction score
I liked when the Muppets all sing it together and when The Carpenters sang it. :smile:

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
My favorites are the original, the one from The Muppets, The Carpenters cover, Sarah McLachlan's cover, and the one from The Green Album.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Sorry but no one can touch the original version the way it was meant to be heard and that's Jim Henson's version. I always cry no matter how many times Ive listened to it. With all due respect to Steve because I love his version too. I cried when he sang it in the movie as well. But nothing will top Jim's version. Call me a snob but I ONLY wanna hear Rainbow Connection sung by Kermit. When Kermit sings it it literally moves me to tears NONE of the other versions have done that for me. And that's my opinion on the matter. Not that it's important or anything. Lol.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I say Weezer. Although, I haven't heard many versions of the song to begin with