Favorite Dedications

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Do any of you have favorite dedications, whether to a book, movie, album, etc.? A lot of times they're pretty uninteresting and uninformative: "for (insert name)". But once in a while you come across one that really impacts you. Unquestionably my favorite is the dedication for The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe:

“My Dear Lucy, I wrote this story for you, but when I began it I had not realized that girls grow quicker than books. As a result you are already too old for fairy tales, and by the time it is printed and bound you will be older still. But some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again. You can then take it down from some upper shelf, dust it and tell me what you think of it. I shall probably be too deaf to hear, and too old to understand a word you say, but I shall still be- your affectionate Godfather, C. S. Lewis.”

I get all shivery just reading it. :halo:
Erin

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
well ironically my favorite dedication is one of those generic ones, just "for _____".
But when you've met the author, and grown up walking distance from the person whose name is in that blank, it adds something to it.
Title of the book escapes me, though... :cool:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I like Muppet Christmas Carol "In loving memory of Jim Henson and Richard Hunt.":sympathy: Sad but memorable at the same time.:frown: