Eyelid Question

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been having trouble with a seemingly simple part of a puppet I'm building and was wondering if anyone here can help me out!

My character design has ping-pong ball eyes on the top of it's head but it needs eyelids. Sort of like Mokey Fraggle or Nigel from The Muppet Show, but at a more grumpy looking angle. It's more like Mokey because I'd like it to go around the back of the eye as well, not just on top. We're using a non-stretchy felt right now so any sewing we try makes it lumpy and can only fit on top like a hat with clear stitch lines. If possible I want it to be one piece, or really look like it is! When I google stuff about covering balls it's not helpful and the only eyelid tips I get from puppet sites are a lot of questions about moving eyes that mostly use plastic pieces.

Can anyone give me any advice on what to try out, or a simple shape pattern? Thank you!:smile:

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
D'oh, well looks like I finally figured it out! :oops: You work on something for a week and the day you think of asking for help...:shifty: