Elmo Replica Puppet for sale on Ebay

Blink

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

There is a replica Elmo Puppet for sale on Ebay. There is no information on the builder, but the puppet looks of very good quality. This too has issues of copyrights written all over it, but I do not want to get in to that here.

Check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3136707461&category=19229

All moral issues aside; I for one, think it looks great very well done. I don't think I would pay $500 US for it, but maybe someone else would.

- Blink :smile:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
That is one beautiful puppet, I wish I had that. Its virtually impossible to tell that from the real thing.

If you performed this puppet though, you would have to think about copyrights etc. And you would have to make your voice the same as the real elmo or it wouldnt be elmo. Thats the downside of this puppet, the only one though!

:smile: :stick_out_tongue:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I think the texture of the fur is a little off what these for Elmo these days (it's a little lower quality) but it's a very, very good likeness. I doubt anyone will get to own it though, ebay usually de-lists items like this once they are discovered.

BorkBork

Reaction score
It's really nicely done, but then elmo is probably one of the easier puppets to make.

As for the nose, look at the shape of it, make 2 pieces like that and sew it down the middle, stuff it with stuffing. That's how i did the nose for my beaker

/Anders

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Wow! Although I doubt that there was $500 spent in making that. You can get 2 yards of red fur for around $25, the eyes wouldn't be more than $10, fleece, felt, cardboard/plastic for the mouth...whatever. Not $500. Now, if it was for materials and labor.

GREAT likeness tho!

BorkBork

Reaction score
Could probably be made with a max $100 budget....

BorkBork

Reaction score
Puppetplanet said:
:excited: I REALLY love that beaker! What a fantastic like-ness!

Thanks, man :smile: Many people say the same thing, but i think i could do it better, hehe. The mouth is too wide, and it's made with non-stretchable felt. But it was a good try hehe... :crazy:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
IF he/she used the higher-end shag fur it could easily cost $60+ per meter/yard. Also, if he used Scott Foam (or something similar) rather than the cheap polyfoam or reticulated foam I could see the cost being a few hundred but Bork Bork is right, $500 is a stretch.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
BorkBork said:
Thanks, man :smile: Many people say the same thing, but i think i could do it better, hehe. The mouth is too wide, and it's made with non-stretchable felt. But it was a good try hehe... :crazy:
That beaker is excellent, I wish I had talent like yours, I could make my own puppets. I wouldnt think they would even have all the supplies here to do that.

Dont go selling it on ebay, lol :smile:
:excited: