Egg Type Foam Nose

CoOKiE

Reaction score
i asked awhile ago in the puppeteer's resource

I'm woundering does someone have a working site that sells noses or how to make specific noses? I'm interested in the Grover, Bert, Homer Honker eggish looking foam balls. I'd imagin that i'd have to carve it myself, which would be a pain... however i own an electric cutting knife for foam.

Gus LaDuzio

Reaction score
I have had really great results from using foam microphone covers. They come in a wide variety of colors and depending on how you cut them you can get a couple different shapes out of them. They can be had at any musical supply store and are relatively cheap.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
An easy, fast way to make these is to take a round foam ball (like a Nerf ball), cut out a wedge from it and then glue the cut edges together, creating an egg. I find it's best to start with a small wedge and then gradually cut it larger until it's the size you want.

You could also buy a plastic egg and cover it in fabric.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
thanks for the tips :smile:

didnt think of either of those, however i did think of using styro-foam shaped eggs and cover with fabric. Then thought that would be to heavy so i was going to go with just fabric and stuffing.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Styrofoam would probably be lighter than stuffing. The problem with Styrofoam is that sometimes it can be easily dented or broken, so it may not last a long time (depends on the type of Styrofoam you use).