Does Piggy have her priorities straight?

CherryPizza

Reaction score
This is one for the "It always bugs me, but I've never bothered to express it" file:

I'm gonna climb the matterhorn
But only AFTER all our children are born
Cause I want to be a good mommy, too
And I'm gonna always love you

How exactly does waiting until after children are born make you a good mother? Surely she'd want to get all of this reckless adventure out of her system BEFORE the kids are born so that she can then concentrate on raising the little'uns.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
In her mind, she probably sees it as wanting to deal with kids while she's in a place where she can in her life. She doesn't want to be injured or anything risky like that which would affect raising her kids?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I always took it as but only after she's finished starting and raising her family for awhile.

blackaerin

Reaction score
She wants to get married and have kids more than hiking the Matterhorn. If she had to choose between the two, she'd rather take being a mom than a mountain climber.

Drtooth

Reaction score
To answer this question, you have to realize... the song is basically about the, how do I put it, delusions of grandeur little kids have when they're trying to think about their futures and what they're going to do when they're adults (you know... before reality smacks them down).

It isn't so much about messed up priorities as much as the hypothetical baby version of Piggy singing about how she wants to do it all, and thinks she can.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Keep in mind that she's a baby when she sings that, so she probably has not planned out a detailed timeline.

Misskermie

Reaction score
I think Piggy want to have that adventure with her kids now that i think about it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Keep in mind that she's a baby when she sings that, so she probably has not planned out a detailed timeline.
Exactly what I said. Even though it is a hypothetical version of her as a baby. But if you listen very carefully to the lyrics of the whole song, it's basically "I wanna do it all, and I'm going to do it when I grow up."