Does anyone remember Bob McGrath on QVC?

SkyeFan

Reaction score
I don't know if this rings a bell to anyone, but I happen to recall seeing Bob McGrath on the televised shopping channel QVC perhaps in early 1996 selling a series of education children's VHS tapes. These tapes did not have anything to do with Sesame Street and were not affiliated with CTW, mind you, but they did teach similar curricular concepts as demonstrated on the show. They were very simple, with mostly brightly colored still images appearing once at a time with voices and music dubbed over, and had VERY limited animation. They had catchy little songs to help teach various concepts.
There were only 6 videotapes produced that taught the various concepts -
- Letters of the alphabet
- Numbers and counting
- Shapes
- Colors
- Telling time
- Musical instruments

These tapes were produced by a company called CCW (Children's Club of the World) and came in a package that resembled a little red schoolhouse.
I also believe there were audio cassettes and activity books that came with this set, as well. Would anyone at all happen to remember seeing Bob McGrath on QVC? I believe that there was another time when Roscoe Orman was on selling a set of "Sesame Street Book Club" books.

Last edited: