Do you use Windows, Mac, Chrome OS or Linux?

What operating system do you use most of the time?

• Windows

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • macOS

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Chrome OS

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Linux

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iOS

• Android

• Other

• Total voters
Reaction score
(current status) Based on popular opinions:
Windows: 67%
Mac: 22%
Chrome OS: 6.5%
Linux: 2.5%
Other: 2%

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Windows 7.

I didn't even know Chrome had its own OS.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
(current status) Based on popular opinions:
Windows: 67%
Mac: 22%
Chrome OS: 6.5%
Linux: 2.5%
Other: 2%
I added a poll with a few other possibilities for mobile users. Hope you don't mind.

While I dabble in all of the above and use them regularly, I prefer to use Windows.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Windows 7.
Windows 7 will reach end-of-life by January 2020 and will have no more security updates or fixes. It will become increasingly unstable and vulnerable to attacks after this date. So it would be wise to upgrade to Windows 10 in the near future.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I still plan on holding onto 7 as long as I can. I still have yet to hear anything positive about 10.

On the other hand, I have heard that apparently 12 (no 11) is in development right now.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I still plan on holding onto 7 as long as I can. I still have yet to hear anything positive about 10.
I've used Windows 10 on all kinds of hardware from new to 10 year-old desktops and all run as well or better than Windows 7. Keep in mind, it's always wise to do a full backup and then a clean install.

One of the biggest reasons to hang on to Windows 7, is if you need Windows Media Center (which isn't in Windows 10), otherwise upgrading is a wise move for most users.

This article may be helpful:

On the other hand, I have heard that apparently 12 (no 11) is in development right now.
Windows 11 is not in active development. When Windows 10 was released in July 2015, Microsoft said that Windows 10 is the last version of Windows as they began releasing semi-annual feature updates.

However, since then Microsoft has said that Windows 10 support will end in October 2025. So we'll see. Regardless, that's more than five years from now. A lot of hardware won't make it until then.

Hope it helps.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I know it's a polarizing topic, but I have both (a gaming Windows laptop and a MacBook Pro), and Macs are disgustingly so much better... so user-friendly.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
i have a strong hatred towards anything apple because they tried to scam my mom (she bought a new iphone x that ended up being defective and apple refused to do anything about it, or even fix it. basically it was a too bad, so sad, enjoy your paperweight while we enjoy your 1k. it was a week long fight with apple and at&t for them to send a replacement, and then they tried to charge her AGAIN for the new phone).

ANYWAY

I have a gaming pc and we also have a chromebox. the chromebox is ok. its fast at least but leaves a lot to be desired in terms of features.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Mac. I find it more helpful with video editing programs.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Although I have used Mac all my life, and there are things about it that I love about it, I'm honestly starting to wish I had a Windows computer...