Do you personally think the future Muppets show on Disney+ will fail miserably like the ABC show?

Reaction score
So, yeah, just want personal opinions based on past Muppet productions and their ratings. I know that people complain about Disney "messing up their favorite shows". Like, when Disney acquired FOX, they were worried that they'd make Deadpool PG-13.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Yes.

Why?

Because Muppets "Live Another Day" is the same crappy plot we've seen in nearly every project. This is because writers who are hired by Disney do not know enough about the characters to do something new with this set of Muppets.

I think the Muppets solving crime with Olaf the snowman is a dumb idea and I think it's gonna be poor

#REVAMPTHEMUPPETSHOW

gravy

Reaction score
It depends how they'll present themselves. Currently, with the knowledge that we have now, I don't think so, because as said above, there's nothing new or good about it. But, if a trailer says otherwise, I'd change my opinion.

I'll make my mind up when I see it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes, because Disney is basically making this as exclusive as possible: if some people out there already have Netflix or Hulu or Amazon, why would they want to buy yet another streaming service just because it's Disney-exclusive? That'd be like already having, say, Comcast, or Charter, or Dish, or DirecTV, and Disney persuading you to buy yet another cable or satellite service in addition to what you already have. The ABC show as at least reaching a broad audience, despite how poorly made it was, this will reach only a privileged few who will even bother buying Disney's service, it will probably fail to find an audience, and then Disney will go back to their mentality of, "Well, we seem to keep failing to find an audience for the Muppets, might as well just toss 'em aside again until we can figure out what to do with them."

datman24

Reaction score
Let's not jump to any conclusions yet. I know it's hard to have faith in them, given almost everything they have done in the past 25 years, but hopefully, lessons will be learned from the 2015 series, and they may actually come out with something decent. Now whether or not it will succeed in the long-term, that I'm not certain about.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, honestly I really think we shouldn’t be so quick to make these judgements. Let’s just see what happens when time takes its course.