Do any of you college students like college better than high school?

mariolover

Reaction score
In high school, I swear to God, most people are so immature and hardly anybody has your back.

In College, you can be yourself without having to worry about too many immature people (not to say there aren't any, but much fewer).

Also, you get way more extracurricular options.

Nobody at my University cares that I have autism either! All of my friends there know I have autism.

You can also choose who you want to be friends with, where in high school you are stuck in a clique.

There are no cliques at college either.

I could probably name many more pros, but it would take me way too long.

Last edited:

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
In high school, I swear to God, most people are so immature and hardly anybody has your back.

In College, you can be yourself without having to worry about too many immature people (not to say there aren't any, but much fewer).

Also, you get way more extracurricular options.

Nobody at my University cares that I have autism either!

You can also choose who you want to be friends with, where in high school you are stuck in a clique.

There are no cliques at college either.

I could probably name many more pros, but it would take me way too long.
Honestly No I do not like college better than High School. It is nicer to have more freedom, but my friends attend other schools so I miss going to classes with them everyday. There are positives and negatives to both but I prefer High School to College.

mariolover

Reaction score
Honestly No I do not like college better than High School. It is nicer to have more freedom, but my friends attend other schools so I miss going to classes with them everyday. There are positives and negatives to both but I prefer High School to College.
You will probably never see most of your high school friends again. It's something you have to get used to. Friends come and go, but the right ones will always stay. 🙂

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
You will probably never see most of your high school friends again. It's something you have to get used to. Friends come and go, but the right ones will always stay. 🙂
Its not that We see each other on the weekends and text everyday. I just miss going to class with them especially since we have different schedules and jobs. But you are absolutely right though. I look forward to making new friends.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I liked high school better. I interacted with pretty much everybody regularly (I don't really know what stereotype or clique I would be part of - well, class clown, but what else?), I felt popular (despite not doing any extracurricular activities - I regret not doing that), I felt like most of my teachers were like my friends. In college, it was different, the only real upside was not going every day. Many of the teachers felt more like bosses than buddies (though I feel some of them were to many of the other students), the interaction with classmates wasn't the same, there were many whom I wanted to interact with but when I talked to them they seemed to act like nothing was happening (well, nothing as a result of me) - and it's not like they wanted to focus on their schoolwork or were just quiet/shy (and I think some were), I regularly saw the ones who were ignoring me interact with other students regularly, in the same way that we all interacted in high school. There was one class in my second college semester that was the worst of it (and I had been in a class with about half of them my first semester and I either wasn't ignored that much or the lack of interaction hadn't hit me yet), but after that semester my interactions with other classmates got a little better (though I didn't finish college - who knows if I would have if either my interactions were better or if I cared more about my schoolwork and/or less on interacting with people?).

And maybe I would have had better interactions if more people I knew from high school went to my college and were in my classes. Some went to my college, a few were in my classes, but it was few. And I didn't leave town for college (I think a lot more people I knew from high school went to a different local college). I wouldn't say the classmates were more mature than before - I feel like many of my classmates (especially the ones who looked around my age) were about as mature/immature as the people I went to high school with.

Since I have graduated (18 years ago), I feel like I have seen most of the people I went to high school with at some point. Not exactly sure of the number of percentage, and I can think of some I haven't seen at all (or at least wasn't able to notice) since. And of course the high school reunion is a great place to see them (though I guess there were a lot more who didn't show up to my ten year reunion than those who did). In terms of not seeing most of your high school friends.... Well, I never really had many friends, at least when it comes to people I regularly hung out with outside of school or wherever I know them from. In fact I don't ever really hang out with any of the few friends I did hang out with anymore - and most of them still live near me.

mariolover

Reaction score
I liked high school better. I interacted with pretty much everybody regularly (I don't really know what stereotype or clique I would be part of - well, class clown, but what else?), I felt popular (despite not doing any extracurricular activities - I regret not doing that), I felt like most of my teachers were like my friends. In college, it was different, the only real upside was not going every day. Many of the teachers felt more like bosses than buddies (though I feel some of them were to many of the other students), the interaction with classmates wasn't the same, there were many whom I wanted to interact with but when I talked to them they seemed to act like nothing was happening (well, nothing as a result of me) - and it's not like they wanted to focus on their schoolwork or were just quiet/shy (and I think some were), I regularly saw the ones who were ignoring me interact with other students regularly, in the same way that we all interacted in high school. There was one class in my second college semester that was the worst of it (and I had been in a class with about half of them my first semester and I either wasn't ignored that much or the lack of interaction hadn't hit me yet), but after that semester my interactions with other classmates got a little better (though I didn't finish college - who knows if I would have if either my interactions were better or if I cared more about my schoolwork and/or less on interacting with people?).

And maybe I would have had better interactions if more people I knew from high school went to my college and were in my classes. Some went to my college, a few were in my classes, but it was few. And I didn't leave town for college (I think a lot more people I knew from high school went to a different local college). I wouldn't say the classmates were more mature than before - I feel like many of my classmates (especially the ones who looked around my age) were about as mature/immature as the people I went to high school with.

Since I have graduated (18 years ago), I feel like I have seen most of the people I went to high school with at some point. Not exactly sure of the number of percentage, and I can think of some I haven't seen at all (or at least wasn't able to notice) since. And of course the high school reunion is a great place to see them (though I guess there were a lot more who didn't show up to my ten year reunion than those who did). In terms of not seeing most of your high school friends.... Well, I never really had many friends, at least when it comes to people I regularly hung out with outside of school or wherever I know them from. In fact I don't ever really hang out with any of the few friends I did hang out with anymore - and most of them still live near me.
I'm sorry most of your classmates ignored you. At my University, people love being around me and they don't ignore me. They actually interact and talk with me.

I really look forward to going back in the fall. I wish I was still at College. At least I have Zoom and FaceTime so I can connect with my College friends through those.

I have one friend who wants to Zoom with me and my classmates every Wednesday, so that's nice.

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I liked both about the same. In both high school and college my parents’ cared the most I get good grades and stay out of trouble. High school I made the Honor Roll a few times, college made the Dean’s List a few times. Except for one suspension in high school, I never got in trouble, never cut class, never got arrested, never had to get bailed out of jail, nothing exciting.
I was in more activities in high school. College, I was the Vice President of a business fraternity by default, never had to make any executive decisions. But it looked good on resumes and having a t-shirt with Delta Epsilon Chi on it.
Since graduating high school in 1986, I kept in touch with six classmates. College 1990, three. The highlight of college graduation, five thousand kids at the Meadowlands Arena (the only venue big enough to hold everybody and their parents), somebody let a white mouse loose on the floor and he crawled up a few legs.

So grading high school and college experiences overall, I’d give them both an A-/B+.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Like most other kids, I had a good high school and college career (if not a great one). Went to my prom.
Mt. Olive High School, Montclair State University. You get as much out of it as you put into it.

salemfan

Reaction score
I liked college better than high school. One thing I didn't like about high school was that my high school (which moved to a new building and the building that was my high school is now the middle school) had a courtyard which students were not allowed in. Since the UU church I was raised in has a courtyard and people could go in it during social hour, I didn't like that the high school had a courtyard and didn't allow students in it. To anybody who wasn't raised in a church that had a courtyard, if they said they didn't care one way or the other that students weren't allowed in the courtyard, that's easy for them to say-their home church (if they had one) didn't have a courtyard that people were allowed in.
But I got told "Oh! They were made to circulate air! Not to be a hangout for students!"

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
My honest opinion on this subject?

I prefer college more as I feel like I have much more freedom in spite of the fact that more work piles up on you. High school is a time where you really go through a lot of physical and mental changes, and it can be a lot to bare with. Also, I don’t miss my high school personally. 🤷🏿‍♂️