Disney Princesses

Harleena

Reaction score
This is the thread for all things Disney Princess. It can be favorite movies, favorite songs, stuff about the upcoming princess Moana, and pretty much anything princess related! (I once saw a website listing Miss Piggy as an "unofficial Disney Princess"…LOL)

Eyeball

Reaction score
Haha as Much as I like her I think piggy would look really out of place amongst the current line up don't you? I don't really know much about moana but the new Cinderella looks AM-AZ-ING!

Harleena

Reaction score
I agree, Miss Piggy would look out of place. This website was also listing the usual "forgotten" princesses, like Alice, Kida, Eilonwy, Nala, etc. but had some really weird ones like Elizabeth Swan from Pirates of the Carribean, that snake-haired girl from Monsters Inc., and a female Ewok. I really don't think that this:

is Disney Princess material…although on a similar note, I wish that Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas was a Disney Princess.

Image by Decapitated-Kittens

Image by LucieKJ

Image by Aelous06
But she might scare some kids or look out of place. "Mommy, why is that princess a zombie?"
Also, here's what I think Moana will look like:

Eyeball

Reaction score
Celia from MI a Disney princess.. Now that would be stretching the label a bit far haha, as for sally, she was a great character and I would personally have her in the line up but as you said, little girls may not see it quite the same way... I agree on kida though, just because her film may have been a slight financial disappointment at the box office doesn't mean she deserves to be excluded, also does anyone know why Disney didn't make Wendy darling a princess?

Harleena

Reaction score
Celia from MI a Disney princess.. Now that would be stretching the label a bit far haha, as for sally, she was a great character and I would personally have her in the line up but as you said, little girls may not see it quite the same way... I agree on kida though, just because her film may have been a slight financial disappointment at the box office doesn't mean she deserves to be excluded, also does anyone know why Disney didn't make Wendy darling a princess?
IDK. Maybe she's too young, or maybe she doesn't have any royal connection? But then again, so does Mulan. I've seen an unofficial "Junior Disney Princess" line-up which included her…but it was purely fanmade. And kind of overrun with bad OCs. Here's the lineup: http://disneyfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Junior_Disney_Princess

Eyeball

Reaction score
Yeah i suppose that's kind of true, she was what like 13 in peter pan or somthing so shed be too young, likewise with Alice, and I don't really consider mulan to be a Disney princess, no matter what they say or the mercy they release she isn't of royal blood nor does she marry into it also merida who is Pixar and thus not a pure Disney princess either.

Harleena

Reaction score
Yeah i suppose that's kind of true, she was what like 13 in peter pan or somthing so shed be too young, likewise with Alice, and I don't really consider mulan to be a Disney princess, no matter what they say or the mercy they release she isn't of royal blood nor does she marry into it also merida who is Pixar and thus not a pure Disney princess either.
I think Mulan was brave enough to be considered an honorary princess. I mean, come on. She saved all of China. That's gotta count for something, right? And I can understand why some people don't consider Merida a true Disney Princess.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Disney couldn't care less about my favorite Princess...

...as she's a TV character from an expanded universe they pretty much don't care about. Which sucks, cuz it was an awesome show.

Eyeball

Reaction score
I think Mulan was brave enough to be considered an honorary princess. I mean, come on. She saved all of China. That's gotta count for something, right? And I can understand why some people don't consider Merida a true Disney Princess.
Oh it does count, but its not really very princessy Lol, she should probably join the Disney heroes line up instead haha

Disney couldn't care less about my favorite Princess...

...as she's a TV character from an expanded universe they pretty much don't care about. Which sucks, cuz it was an awesome show.
Joke right? She'd never be considered in the line up in a million years XD, as for the show men it was aight, nothing special.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Disney hates it's television animation. Toy Story is a cash cow franchise and they still refuse to acknowledge it past the show's merchandising period when it was on the air. That speaks volumes to me right there. Releasing even a best of compilation of episodes should have been key when the third film came out.

But hey, she's a Disney character and she is a princess. And she totally beat Mereda as the fighting reluctant princess by about 9 years. Too bad TV shows never count.

Also Nala. They can't shove her into a fashion dress without it getting weird.

And the one from Black Cauldron. Yeah. That's the movie that's a source of embarrassment to you. You made Pocahontas and Black Caldron's the one you're not proud of.