Dear Abby, What can I do about Clara?

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
Heya,

Has anyone else ever had this problem?

Back at the end of this past December, my family and I purchased another dog named Clara through Petfinder.Com -- for anyone curious, you can see pictures of our beautiful 'diva' here: http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?ac...2ec-app2&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

Anyways, she's my mischievous angel. But, there's one thing that upsets me about her and that is that when I walk her, now that the weather has gotten warmer, she has a habit of jumping up and trying to catch bugs in her mouth. Normally, that wouldn't really bother me, but... Bees and wasps are part of that 'bug' equation. >.<

She's still a puppy and the world is still a very new place to her. But, I don't want her to learn the hard way that bees and wasps don't like puppy antics, if you catch my drift. I don't want her - or myself - to be stung.

I try to steer her away from them the best I can, but sometimes it gets a little unavoidable. My last dog didn't behave like this at all, so I'm at a loss over what to do...

Has anyone else who's a dog-owner ever had this problem, and is there anything I can do or try?