Dave Goelz in VMX

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I didn't get to see VMX, and haven't had the chance yet, but I'm wondering: How much did Dave do in the movie? I saw he only did Gonzo, Bunsen, and Waldorf (with no backround speaking characters). That's fewer than he usually does, and I'm wondering how much of a Muppet production he takes part in these days.

I know Jerry started to perform less during his early 60's (during Muppets Tonight), and Dave is in his mid-late 50's. I wonder if he's slowing down some :frown:

Thanks

- Billy :cool:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Hey Billy,

Beauregard was in VMX too in some background shots, but he didn't speak. How much Dave performed him for filler, I don't know, but he was there at least.

In fact, Gonzo was responsible for two of my favorite moments in VMX, as expressed here... [Gonzo moments]

I'd say Dave is just about active enough these days.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
Hey Billy,

Beauregard was in VMX too in some background shots, but he didn't speak. How much Dave performed him for filler, I don't know, but he was there at least.

YES!!!!!!!!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
So, is VMX the new shorter version of saying IAVMMCM?

I'm sure everything about how often the performers are there is up in the air nowadays. After all, they don't do a WHOLE LOT of things right now, but hopefully he'll be on board (as will Jerry) when a new Muppet program starts.

Luke

Reaction score
I think most of the casual performers are on retainers, must be otherwise they could just go do fill in work anywhere else and that isn't happening. So they just get paid a smaller monthly wage to stay at home and not do anything else, then they come onboard when theres work and get paid a higher amount.

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
Dave In VMX also performed Many of jerry's Charactors, later to be dubbed, since Jerry was absent/. He was under Pops and one of the Elvises

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I wonder what kind of royalties they get, if any at all, for their voices going on albums or videos?

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
So they just get paid a smaller monthly wage to stay at home and not do anything else, then they come onboard when theres work and get paid a higher amount.
Get paid to stay at home?

Where do I sign up?

:big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
When you find out how to get paid to stay at home (unless it's one of those stuff the envelope deals) let me know!!

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
Dave did a very nice job with Gonzo in Vmx. I really enjoyed the song he and Kermit sang. I also was happy to see Scooter and Janice accually talk! It was also nice that Beaureguard Had a small appearence in it. I just wish we could see more of Zoot and Floyd, and Dr. Teeth.

Jake