Crank Yankers

pezbalubah

Reaction score
Another adult humor puppet show debuts on Comedy Central on June 2

here's the description from Comedy Central's site:

From the minds that brought you "The Man Show" comes "Crank Yankers," a perverse phony-phone-call show in which actual crank calls become the basis for a twisted town inhabited solely by puppets. COMEDY CENTRAL has teamed up once again with Jackhole Industries (Daniel Kellison, Jimmy Kimmel and Adam Carolla) to create the new primetime series "Crank Yankers," premiering Sunday, June 2 at 10:30 p.m. (ET/PT). "Crank Yankers" features outrageous crank calls from real comedians to real people and delivered to viewers through puppets. When watching "Crank Yankers," viewers eavesdrop on the puppet citizens of Yankerville as they go about their lives. The relationships and interactions between the puppets are all based on real crank phone calls and the dialogue that was established on these calls. The puppets are voiced by well-known celebrities and stand-up comics including: Dave Attell, Tony Barbieri, Adam Carolla, Dave Chappelle, Stephen Colbert, Dane Cook, Peter Dzoghi, Susie Essman, Jim Florentine, David Alan Grier, Mitch Hedberg, Jimmy Kimmel, Lisa Kushell, Denis Leary, Tracy Morgan, Kevin Nealon, Super Dave Osborne, Patton Oswalt, Jordan Rubin, Sarah Silverman, Wanda Sykes, Tenacious D, Ween, Wu Tang Clan and Billy West.

Seeing puppets voiced by Billy West and Super Dave sounds awesome, but they'll probably have small parts. This may help or hurt the new Muppet show on Fox... what do you think?

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
Go to www.lyonpuppets.com to see behind the scenes photos of the show. A guy named Rick Lyon worked on the show and he has some pictures of him doing some of the puppets.

Sir Didymus
or
Kermit/Gonzo

Thom

Reaction score
Let me say that I worked with BJ Guyer, who's one of the puppeteers on Crank Yankers, on Muppets From Space and he is a magnificent puppeteer! It's always good to see good puppeteers getting to do good work! For more behind the scenes pictures go to puppeteer Ronald Binion's page: http://hometown.aol.com/ronbinion/crankyankers.htm.

radionate

Reaction score
People have to go to this site, if only to see the Alien/Cow video, and The Shat. These clips are too funny!!!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I didn't see the alien cow clip, but I did see 15 minutes of the show and a couple clips from the website and was amazingly underwhelmed.

I did enjoy the prematurely axed Greg the Bunny, but I see absolutely no wit or charm in this Crank snorefest. Guess it's just not my thing. To their credit the puppets are superbly made (in contrast to the cheaper GTB characters) but I really didn't like the premise to begin with and I don't much like such obnoxious antics unless they are extremely funny.

This show just left me flat. But I really don't like the Man Show type of humor myself. To me it's a bunch of bloated unattractive men who feel the need to exploit women to prove their manhood. I don't see how any show from them could be entertaining, but that's just my opinion on it. :smile:

radionate

Reaction score
Jamie,

The clips I was talking about weren't from Crank Yankers, they were puppetry clips from shows these guys have done. Very original and kinda funny.

I finally saw Crank Yankers last night, turned it off after a couple of minutes and decided to go swimming instead. Didn't like it at all.

Ditto on the Man Show too. I find it borderline offensive at times. I wonder what Jimmy Kimmel's new talk show will be like?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I just find it humorous that these guys hold themselves up as specimens of manhood. LOL! The'd all get their butts kicked from half of the girls I know and they have little charisma. Kimmel is a moderately good comedic tallent, but not really my fave. But what do you expect from a network that axed MST2K and now airs The Man Show and Battle Bots? :smile:

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
Hmmm..I never got to see CY...but I went to the Comedy Network where they were promoting CY. I read the forum there, and alot of the people on there really hated the show. I have to see it for myself, I guess.

And about the man show, I do agree those guys are pretty pathetic, and its just a waste of air time. Whatever happened to the good ol' days when TV was something that gave you thoughts in your head? Now its all crispy bacon.

Man...I miss all those good shows we used to have...

~fluff~

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I just find it humorous that these guys hold themselves up as specimens of manhood. LOL! The'd all get their butts kicked from half of the girls I know and they have little charisma. Kimmel is a moderately good comedic tallent, but not really my fave. But what do you expect from a network that axed MST2K and now airs The Man Show and Battle Bots? :smile:
I'd actually like to see the Juggies or what ever they call the little bouncing girls that are always all over Adam and Jimmy beat the living daylights out of them. Now that would be worth watching.

I think we should start a petition to bring back MST2K. That show was way too much fun. With SNL and Southpark I doubt I'd even watch much of Comedy Central anymore.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I only watch South Park, Ab Fab (when they have new eps) and the Daily Show (sometimes). I also miss Dr. Katz and the Tick cartoon. Who makes these decisions and do people really watch Battle Bots? An honest question because I honestly don't see it's appeal. I with they'd bring back MST2K, but I remember it was axed as a new head of Com Central came in.