Could the original Nickelodeon Era come back?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
assuming you mean the 90s, no. it's never gonna happen

times change, people change, interests change. what appealed to ids in the 90s doesnt appeal to a lot of kids today. what cartoons got away with in the 90s they wouldnt get away with today

bringing back old cartoons is also not an option because not only have we seen how off the mark reboots tend to be, you cant please anyone. you'll always have the purist who hate a reboot purely for it not being the old cartoon, regardless of the quality. you'll also have people complaining if you just show repeats, saying they need to make new episodes.

besides, people act like the 90s is the only 'good' era, but every era is the good era according to the people who grew up in it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The closest things we have to this is both Nicktoons Network and TeenNick usually have late-night programming blocks dedicated to reruns of their classic 90s-era shows. Nicktoons tends to air just that: classic Nicktoons, such as Rocko, CatDog, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, etc.; TeenNick tends to air the live-action shows like Kenan and Kel, the original All That and the like.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@Sgt Floyd nooo ur wrong da 90s decade wuz da only good decade!!!1!!!! Do ur research cuz u dunt kno whut ur tlking abut! 😡

Sarcasm off.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
For real though, the '90s wasn't the only good era, but it's probably my favorite. I was born in '94 so I'm actually more of a 2000s kid; I'll be an exception to that rule.

I also have really early onset nostalgia in that I typically only feel nostalgic for stuff up until second grade; the last thing I feel legitimate nostalgia over was Paper Mario in 2001, otherwise I just feel like I was too old because I can still remember those days pretty decently... I know I was there, but SNES/N64 era is pretty muddy in my memory. 😊

I should probably just go to the nostalgia thread now, but do people only feel nostalgic over their childhoods? I doubt 90-year old people feel nostalgic about their 50s lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For real though, the '90s wasn't the only good era, but it's probably my favorite. I was born in '94 so I'm actually more of a 2000s kid; I'll be an exception to that rule.
Similarly, I was born in 89, so that technically makes me an 80s kid - also when you figure into account that 80s culture was still fizzling out during the early 90s.

Charlie Benson

Reaction score
Hate to interrupt but I'd prefer the 90s and early 2000s era, not just 90s only. Don't take it personal, that's just me.