Comparing Sprocket Plushes

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
Heya!

I was wondering if anyone has a well-rounded opinion on what his/her favorite Sprocket plush is, among the Tomy, the Pedigree, and the Manhattan Toy versions. Obviously, the Manhattan Toy version is the easiest to find and the least expensive. But I wanted to know if for Fraggle fans personally the Manhattan Toy version is satisfying, or if there's a factor that endears one of the others to them significantly more (besides the 'vintage' factor).

My impression is that the MT version looks much cuddlier and softer (no idea how the others are, though their fur does look significantly wirier), but it does bug me a little that he's not posed to be on all four legs.

Thanks! :drool:

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I prefer the Manhattan Toy version of Sprocket. I agree with Plaid Fraggle in the fact that this version is more softer and cuddlier than the other versions of Sprocket. The Pedigree version of Sprocket's furry face is a bit too bushy. The Tomy version of Sprocket's face reminds me of a mix between Coconut, the white puppy from the American Girl Doll series and Snicklefritz, from The Big Comfy Couch. If I was doing a survey on which Sprocket plushie I want for the holidays or my birthday, it has to be the Manhattan Toys version. :drool:

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
Cool! Do you have any of the Sprocket plushes yourself, FrackleFan??

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
None of them yet. I own a Gonzo and Swedish Chef plush from the Disney Store in the UK.
Ooh! Very nice! I had to look up what the recent UK Disney Store Gonzo looks like. I like his brown pants! And I'm a big fan of Gonzo myself. (haha getting all off topic here already)

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Ooh! Very nice! I had to look up what the recent UK Disney Store Gonzo looks like. I like his brown pants! And I'm a big fan of Gonzo myself. (haha getting all off topic here already)
LOL! Me, too.

His eyes look much better than the American version.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I've never seen any in person, but the pics I've seen online don't seem to do the poor guy any justice. I got my Boy a Manhattan Toys Gobo, and wasn't impressed with him, sadly, I wish these companies would give Muppets their plastic eyes back! :smirk: I would hope that their Sprocket is much closer in likeness.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
I'm a hardcore fan of the Fraggles, and i think that the Pedigree plush is closest to the puppet. I think that the Manhattan toys one is just a generic bear/dog plush and don't think it looks anything like Sprocket at all.

Hubert

Reaction score
I only have the Manhattan Toy version, but something I wanted to mention is this: the Manhattan Toy version I hear has a much softer material and make, however note that the way that the MT version is, Sprocket pretty much sits up rather than is on all four legs, so that he can't quite be realistically sat up properly. He has arms and legs that have the make of an upright creature rather than a dog.

Jelopi

Reaction score
I have to agree with Wozza! The Manhattan plush is nothing like the real Sprocket puppet. He's way too hairy, and not even the correct color.
I have all 3 plush, and my favorite is the Tomy :drool: