Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Has anyone been watching Jerry Seinfeld's latest show, Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee?
The best way to sum it up would be: Seinfeld has really written a show about literally NOTHING.

Basically, in each episode he takes a different Comedian out for coffee, and they just talk. It can be pretty funny at times, but the episode always depends on the comedian who's guest starring that episode.

It's definetley a must-see for any Seinfeld fan! (As I know there are a lot of 'em here, like myself.)
You can watch full episodes at ComediansInCarsGettingCoffee.com as well as on Crackle.com and the Crackle app.

Any thoughts on the show?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't usually watch a lot of webseries (and I know that's odd for me to say considering I've been producing my own up till this year), but I have heard about it... matter of fact, it was in the news the other night, because Jerry and Chris Rock ended up being pulled over by the police while filming.

I HAVE heard that Michael Richards is also FINALLY being given another chance after all these years for a new show.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Haha. I saw the trailer for season two of the series, where Jerry and Chris Rock get pulled over for speeding. They got the whole thing on camera.

Which Michael Richards show are you referring to? Not CCGC is it? He has starred on that one though. I think he's glad he can finally go on TV and not be Kramer, for once.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't know the details, but I did hear about it recently.

2013 seems like it's going to be a big season for comebacks: Michael J. Fox has a new sitcom coming out, and I think Robin Williams does as well; Alyssa Milano made a return to TV on a show about (oh, shocker) sex, and like I said, I think I did hear that Michael Richards is being given another chance after all these years.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I think, though I'm not totally sure, that Michael Richards is going to make appearances on a new TV Land sitcom starring Kirstie Alley.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wait... ANOTHER new TV Land sitcom? Starring Kirstie Alley?

Somebody got their finger ready to hit that bleep button? Cause I am about to let the explicits fly, baby!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not just that, but this is more of TV Land actually saying to its viewers, "Hey, guess what? We're still screwing you over!"

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I think the whole point of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee is to show to the world that off-camera, Comedians and actors are just regular people too. Not to be connected to their TV characters too much.
That's important for Michael Richards of course. I don't think there's anyone in the world who looks at him and doesn't think of him as 'Kramer'.

It's also unfortunate he doesn't do stand-up anymore. We all know what happened there, and what events it led to. :frown:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, unlike Jerry himself, Michael Richards wasn't so much a stand-up comedian, he's more like a comic actor, or like even a sketch show comic (I don't remember the show, but there was a hilarious sketch from the late 80s that was M*A*S*H, but in prehistoric times, he was Klinger, Larry David was Colonel Potter).

But then again, it's not just him, almost every actor out there becomes associated with one character, and it's hard to not think of them as that one character. Elizabeth Montgomery really threw herself into different roles post-BEWITCHED to get everyone to stop thinking of her as Samantha Stephens.