Collecting the Mayhem Band.

Salmoto

Reaction score
Since the announcement was made that Palisades was making Muppet action figures, I knew that in my heart I had to make a collection, but I also decided, I'm not going to collect them all, just a certain few, specifically the Electric Mayhem figures. Series 1 only had one member: Dr. Teeth. I scooped it up and had it set upon my desk for a long wait until series 2 came out, promising both a Floyd Pepper figure and a Mayhem playset with an Animal figure.

As of yesterday, I own both figure and playset-with-figure, and I must say, I've been missing out on alot of the features the past figures have posessed. My Dr. Teeth figure had nice detail, but the articulation was not what I had hoped for. the arms had joints and the writsts swivled around , but the top of his vest kept his head from turning. Both the Floyd and Animal figures have ball-jointed necks and arms, so they can be put in awesome poses. Add into that the fact nearly every part of Animal moves, from his waist to his jaw to his eyebrows. The craftsmanship in this figure alone was worth 20 dollars. Floyd is no dissapointment either, with his magnetic hat that doesn't fall off nearly as often as Dr. Teeth's, his rubbery ponytail, his guitar and amp, both accessories very appropriate in style to our favorate bassman. The version I got was the EB exclusive with the blue uniform instead of the red, and it was a hame to take it out of the package, but the look of characters posing against the playset was a good enough excuse for me. My only complaint would be that the gold fastens on Floyd's jacket doen't seem to be painted evenly enough. If they went so far as made every millimeter-long fasten solid gold, it'd fix this problem well enough for me. Also, I wish I could detatch his bass from his amp, which, while a great stand-alone accessory, looks kinda weird sitting next to the two larger amps that came with the playset. Still, for the time being I'm impressed, and I can't wait for Zoot and Janice, with the poeeibility of there even being Lips and Clifford figures to make my band set a success.

Aerosmith

Reaction score
The Blue shirt isnt a EB Games exclusive it a chase figure that's packed 1 per case. I got mine at Toys R Us.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
oh, and cliffords more than a possibility, but not really a band member...anyway, if you consider him a band member, you'll be happy to know he's coming out next year around this time(although I don't think he comes with any "musical" accessories)

Lips..well, keep your fingers crossed...we're all hoping :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Salmoto

In another thread we discussed the guitar-amp attachment. I am keeping MOC versions of the figures, so I altered the loose versions. I snipped the guitar cord on the amp side. If you use a razor blade it won't leave a piece sticking out. And it's best not to clip the cord from the guitar. Instead you can curl the wire so it disappears behind the guitar so it still appears plugged in. There's just no visible wire going to the amp. It makes it appear that it's going somewhere and you can still display the amp! Janice will reportedly not have this issue. :wink: