Christmas Menu Descriptions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... As many of you know by now, Muppet Central is rolling out their annual Christmas menus on the site's front page. Well, I'd like to ask, with each passing week and each new menu that gets added... Would appreciate it if someone or someones posted here what the layout of each menu looks like, which characters are depicted. It'd be a great help to those of us who can't enjoy the greatness of visual Muppet art.
Thanks and happy holidays to all.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't think I could do it every week unfortunately, but for today on the main page, the theme seems to be Muppet Family Christmas. You can almost see Fozzie's mom's porch at the left end and the rest of the background is trees, hills and snow. You can see the snow coming down as well, it's really quite nice. :smile: The characters are Fozzie's Mom, Wembley in his scarf and earmuffs, The Two Headed Monster dressed as Santa Claus, Robin, Kermit and Miss Piggy together (and when you put the mouse over it, Robin pops up in his red sweater!), Fozzie in his red and back scarf and hat, and finally the Snowman (he waves when you put the mouse over it.) :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks heralde. If you can post for when the others are shown off, that'd be great. If not, that's OK too, as I'm sure or hopeful others will come in and provide descripts then.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
No problem, glad you liked! :smile:

Yeah I do think I'll be busier than usual this month, so everyone else please feel free to contribute! (Besides it would be interesting to get different points of view). :wink:

Brooklyn

Reaction score
anyway to make those changes for the Forum section too?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Miss Piggy's Biggest Fan!

Also there's Maurine the Mink from Muppet Family Christmas. If you remember, she was Miss Piggy's biggest fan and Kermit's gift to Piggy in the special. She emerges upon rollover of the pig. In the special this character was voiced and performed by Karen Prell! :excited:

There are 7 holiday menus total (including the New Year’s banner). The original intention was to make the 12 menus of Christmas, but it only resulted in 6. There are two or three additions I would like to make next year (Bells of Fraggle Rock, Christmas on SS and another original Muppet gang one). I can just see myself cutting those together next July! At least, I hope. :embarrassed:

I’ll pop by and see if the descriptions are updated. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Also there's Maurine the Mink from Muppet Family Christmas. If you remember, she was Miss Piggy's biggest fan and Kermit's gift to Piggy in the special. She emerges upon rollover of the pig. In the special this character was voiced and performed by Karen Prell! :excited:
Thanks for pointing it out, I did miss that! That's what I mean about differnt points of view. :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Jamie. If you can get it done, I know we'd all be cheering you on.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:sleep: Marley & Marley :boo:

The current Christmas menu is of the Statler and Waldorf Marleys from Muppet Christmas Carol. The color palette is mainly icy blue and black with some green holly garland and red bows hung on the back wall. Also, both characters hold colorful Christmas wreaths.

The Muppet Central logo morphs into “Merry Christmas” with holly and berries framing the greeting. Several chains hang and sway across the page. They are attached to locks and locked boxes that have opening and closing mouths. The boxes, chains and the Marleys are semi-transparent.

Waldorf is left of the menu and follows the user’s mouse movement on the left side of the menu. Statler does the same on the right side. They both appear to sway and float creepily. Yes, it is a somber menu, but one of my faves and I think the second that was made if I remember correctly.

:zany:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:zany: Emmet Otter’s Jugband Menu :smile:

The red Muppet Central logo (with green drop shadow) replaces an image of Ma and Emmet in their boat in the center of the page. The text changes to Merry Christmas! It is snowing rather thick across the menuscape.

The four members of the otter jug band frame the greeting, with Emmet directly to the right of it. On rollover they all play their instruments – Harvey strums his washboard, Charlie plays his cigar-box banjo, Emmet strums his washboard base and Wendell Porcupine blows his jug. It is gently snowing.

Emmet’s Ma pops up on rollover for the news section. She is in front of her house. A yellow sweatered Kermit with a red scarf rides by on his bicycle on rollover of the collectibles section. He emerges from behind the house and disappears behind the Frogtown Hollow sign.

The Riverbottom Nightmare Band drives by in their red convertible when the user rolls over the cards section on the right side of the menu. Everybody’s piled in there speeding across the town. The help menu rollover causes Doc Bullfrog (in top hat and monocle) to emerge in his top hat and monocle. This menu captures the project fairly well.