Children's Horror Shows

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Dunno if there's a thread to discuss the various childrens horror shows over the years but yeah. Shows like Goosebumps, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Eerie Indiana, more recent things like the Haunting Hour...

I'm really loving Creeped Out on netflix. It's so cheesy but some of the episode visuals are pretty unsettling. Like the robot santa in the newest season that just came out.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
On YouTube, there are bits from The Hilarious House of Frightenstein.
Made in Canada. 1971. After all these years the show still holds up well. Billy Van plays most of the characters (fantastic makeup jobs).
His roles included count Frightenstein (a Dracula character)
The Wolfman (a DJ who spun early 70s hits)
Griselda the Ghastly Gourmet ( Julia Child as a drunken witch)
and the Librarian (an old geezer who used to read nursery rhymes, hoping to scare little kiddies).
The only thing that made the show marginally educational was Dr. Pet Vet, who introduced various critters like raccoons and guinea pigs, talking about where they live, what they eat, etc.
Rounding out the cast were the Count's sidekicks Igor, and a purple sea monster puppet named Gronk.
Vincent Priceintroduced the segments talking in rhyme.
The show had a Laugh-In feel to it. Pretty funny, but never scary.

Again, props to Billy Van and all his characters' fabulous makeup jobs.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
For some reason my previous post got gobbled up by some gremlins.

Grew up in the early 1990's watching both Goosebumps and Are You Afraid of the Dark? on Fox and Nick, along with both versions of Eerie, Indiana on Disney as well as The Haunting Hour when it aired on The Hub now in the 2010's.

House of Frightenstein, I've only heard of it through online research. Another I've found through similar means is Milton the Monster from the 1960's, from the creators of Batfink. It was a much earlier version of Toonsylvania, except that it's rotational added serial inserts were cartoons that had nothing to do with the realm of spooky monsters.