CD-Rom Sesame Street: Numbers

ssetta

Reaction score
I actually purchased it at a thrift store about a month ago. It's just a CD-Rom for kids, but you would be surprised how many classic songs and animations it has on it, mostly wierd ones. Here's how it works. In each of the rooms of Big Bird, Bert and Ernie, and the Count, there is a radio and a television. On the radio, if you click on it, you can listen to 24 classic songs, including some wierd ones. There are 3 different preset station buttons. If you click on the different buttons, you can listen to different stations. And here's the list:

Red Button (W357):
Inchworm
Country #2
Born To Add
5 Bears In Bed
Forty Blocks from My Home
We're A Family (muppet song from the 70s)

Green Button (W123):
My Triangle Home
Cats Play Jazz
Count It Higher
Ten Turtles
Sometimes A Cookie
Adding

Red Button (K100):
Ten Commandments of Health
I Want A Monster To Be My Friend
Subtraction Blues
Green Grow The Rushes
Hip To Be A Square
Bells

They don't play in the same order every time, but that's the list. And, yes, those are the stations call letters, and in between songs, they do have fake news flashes with Kermit (not the same as on the show) and fake commercials. Same with the TVs. If you click on the TV, it has 3 buttons for different channels, and it has 25 classic animations, and some wierd ones. But they do not have news flashes or adds. Here's the list:

Red Button:
Alligator King #7
Monkeys Scratching Back
Bird and Owl Try to Sleep
I Love My Bones
10 Bowling Pins Takeaway 2 Leaves 8
3 + 1 = 4
Animal Elevator Song
It's A Lovely 11 Morning

Green Button:
Something's Missing (Frog/Dog)
In And Out Crowd Song
Gumball Machine Subtraction
Ladybug's Picnic #12
Country #5
5 Lights Subtraction
Imagination Zoo
Some/More/Most Hair

Blue Button:
There Was an Old Woman Who Lived In a 9
5 Peacock Feather Subtraction
20 Pickle Pie
8 Little Spiders
Martian Beauty #9
Snake Shape Guessing Game
Woman Checks Out Shapes and Finds Purse
Red Shape Morphs into Circle/Square/Triangle/Rectangle/Trapezoid/Pentagon/Hexagon/Octagon
King Minus

I had actually heard about this, but I had no idea. I mean, I had never even heard of some of these! It was really worth it. Now I believe they have a Letters CD-Rom too, which is very similar. I wonder if there are anymore.

Elizabeth

Reaction score
Want some more classics? The "Learning about Numbers" video is fabulous. It's Big Bird and the Count doing a "David Lettermen-esque" talk show in Big Bird's nest. Almost everything on there is a classic sketch.

Grover and John John

1-20 (animated sketch) with the turban guy with 4 arms

2 little girls and a little doll house

The "fiddler" (animated) doing the 1,2,1,2, 2-step with the toucans and also #4 with the "4 big lions just came through my door" (Excuse me, I gotta go to the store, I'll be gone for a week, maybe more....:smile: )

rubber ball on the roller coaster with the 1,2,3 flags, this is the one where the ball falls in a box and turns into three cherries on the ice cream sundaes

Big Bird singing "I just Adore 4"

The Count counting 7 flowers and then 7 sneezes

King of 8 (the little wooden puppets)

#9 Martian Beauty

There's also a sketch with Ernie and the Count, (newer I think) where the Count hires Ernie to answer the phone for him, but then he won't let Ernie answer it because he wants to count how many times it rings

And another Count one with Kermit in his trench coat, the Count is an elevator man and Kermit wants to go the the 7th floor, but the Count keeps going because he wants to count all the way to 10.

Pretty good stuff! Don't know how available it is or where to find it, my Mom bought it for my girls a couple of years ago. Hope you enjoyed the walk down memory lane!!

Elizabeth :halo:

ssetta

Reaction score
I do have that video, and I have known it since I was about 3. And that has some typical SS cartoons. But this CD-Rom "Numbers" has an awful lot of wierd and rare ones.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ssetta, thanks for posting the list of clips included in the Sesame Street Numbers CD Rom! Tried to get information about this one in another thread, but my inquiries went unanswered.

As for the Learning Your Numbers video, I bought that one at Toys R Us a loooooong time ago and have it stored along with five other videos from the same series. The picture on the Numbers video is classic enough, The Count with a number 2 and two Honkers in front, maybe I should get that one for my avatar. Also got a Learning Your Letters video with some good classic segments. That video's cover has Cookie Monster on the front with a tray of an A, B, and C cookies.

As for the content of the Numbers video, the sketch with Ernie and the Count was used for the number 5 and segwayed into the main story as Ernie finally answered and told Big Bird that the Count left to get a job he had to take. Then we see 6 Soccer Socks. The Count loves counting the elevator floors in spite of Kermit's protests. Then Big Bird gets the Count to come back for the big finish because the elevator only offers the opportunity to count up to 10, whereas the finale will allow the Count to reach up to 20.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

gbrobeck

Reaction score
Does anyone know what's on the Letters CD-ROM?

Greg

Mad Lil' Jerry

Reaction score
I have the CD Numbers

I have the CD, and it seems much like the other one format wise,
I'll have to load it and go through the listings to see... off hand
I don't remember what is on it. It's been along time since I played
it.

-MLJ

gbrobeck said:
Does anyone know what's on the Letters CD-ROM?

Greg

Dave Thomer

Reaction score
I don't suppose anyone knows if Bert's "My favorite number is six" song is on any currently-available video, but hey, worth a shot. Anyone?