Cappadocia, Turkey: Real-Life Fraggle Rock

bugmenot

Reaction score
Slightly OT - I recently saw a television episode concerning unusual civilizations. One such ancient civilization lived underground in a series of rooms burrowed into the mountains in the nation of Turkey. For whatever reason, I thought of Fraggle Rock when I saw it.

It just goes to show you that perhaps Fraggle Rock isn't as fictional as presented. Now if only one of those passages had led to the Gorg Kingdom...

Here's a link: http://www.cappadociaturkey.net/undergroundcities.htm

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Cool! A real live Fraggle Rock! I'm okay with Marjory the Trash Heap and Philo and Gunge and the Doozers- but I don't think I want to meet any real life Gorgs- unless they're on the same level that Ma, Pa and Junior were- their bark was generally worse than their bite.:excited::coy::busy:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Ooooh! I want to go there and run around in that underground city singing, "Dance your cares away, worries for another day-ay-ay, let the music play, down in Fraggle Rock!" YAAY! Ha ha.

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
I hope that others hear, recognize, and sing along with you at the tops of their lungs.

I hope that I'd be one of them as well!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It would be awesome. That's what we need for us Fraggle Fans. A Fraggle Rock where we can do that.

Hmmm...if only there were Karaoke of the theme tune and I could get into Mammoth Cave. THAT would be fun. So, who wants to meet up at Mammoth Cave and during a tour break into the FR Theme Song?

MissPiggyFan98

Reaction score
It would be awesome. That's what we need for us Fraggle Fans. A Fraggle Rock where we can do that.

Hmmm...if only there were Karaoke of the theme tune and I could get into Mammoth Cave. THAT would be fun. So, who wants to meet up at Mammoth Cave and during a tour break into the FR Theme Song?
Sounds great...How are group rates? :big_grin:

Puckrox

Reaction score
Oh wow, that's so incredibly awesome! If I ever find myself in Turkey, I know where I'll be spending all my time. :excited:

dwmckim

Reaction score

Sounds like a plan! Then we can go outside and ask the nearest compost heap/pile of leaves/garbage can/piece of litter for advice.