Bob Hope 1903 - 2003

radionate

Reaction score
Bob Hope passed away late Sunday Night at age 100.

I just wanted to post a small Thank You to another great man who had a great impact on not only myself, but millions and millions of people the world over.

God Bless You Bob.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
radionate said:
Bob Hope passed away late Sunday Night at age 100.

I just wanted to post a small Thank You to another great man who had a great impact on not only myself, but millions and millions of people the world over.

God Bless You Bob.
Thank you, Nate. This is the second time I have first learned of the death of a great entertainer on Muppet Central. Bob Hope made a big contribution, and he will be missed. At least he was granted a long, full life. It is very sad but must also carry with it some small relief for the family, as he seemed to be very ill in his last few years. Rest in peace, Bob!
Erin

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Thanks for the memories, Mr. Hope

Woke up to the news this morning. The newspeople on both CNN and MSNBC were talking about how his memorial service was going to be the biggest Hollywood has ever seen. I don't doubt it, even after his family made a press release stating that they wanted a private burial service with just his immediate family present.

Watching all of the footage from his movies and television specials that they were looping on both channels, I couldn't get the TMS episode that Hope did out of my head. I'm planning on watching it later today as a tribute to him. Now if only I could get Statler and Waldorf's closing remarks from that episode out of my head...

-Kim

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Aw, man!! That's not funny at all.

Bob Hope was considered by me as a man who "nose" his business, very funn-ee and witty, especially with cue cards. You could count on him to make the audience laugh, even if it was a laugh-track.

He's certainly to be missed by the throngs of comedy lovers around the world!!

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/07/28/obit.hope/index.html

Thanks for the memories!!
FOZ

Erine81981

Reaction score
I don't have any thing to watch of the muppets but maybe he'll like being up there w/ two of the most of the other greatest profomers JiM and Hunt. We'll thanks for all the laughs of the funnest movies u've done over the years. Say Hi to Kermit and Scooter and the rest of the gang. Thanks Bob and everyone up there. Bye. :cry:

Mark Filton

Reaction score
I'm back to say a tribute (computer problems).

100 years for a 100% great perfromer.

Thumbs up from the balcony

:boo: :sleep:

They are meant to be cheering :big_grin:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I was very saddened to hear this when I heard it this morning.

:cry:

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
We have no more Hope :cry:

We'll miss you, Honey -- that is, Bob (I beg your pardon, I hardly knew ya!)

--"Scary" Larry Wolf