Bert and Ernie Flooded Apartment segments

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I did discover that, on at least two Bert and Ernie sketches, they closed out with an apartment flooding. Now, what I ask is, if Bert and Ernie's apartment is flooded, why aren't the apartments down below flooded? Isn't that sort of impossible, considering that Bert and Ernie likely live on a higher floor?

But then again, Bert and Ernie may live below the basement floor as was discovered in the 1983 "Bert and Ernie release their balloons" sketch.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I did discover that, on at least two Bert and Ernie sketches, they closed out with an apartment flooding. Now, what I ask is, if Bert and Ernie's apartment is flooded, why aren't the apartments down below flooded? Isn't that sort of impossible, considering that Bert and Ernie likely live on a higher floor?

But then again, Bert and Ernie may live below the basement floor as was discovered in the 1983 "Bert and Ernie release their balloons" sketch.
Wow just wow and you call yourself a Sesame Street fan. Bert and Ernie famously live in the basement of 123 ever since the first episode.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I’ve heard that there is an episode that reveals it is not actually the lowest floor, that the laundromat (the laundromat of the early 1990s) is actually located below them.

The windows are laid out so you can’t tell it’s a basement apartment, but they often refer to where it is from the outside, and I think the books make it clear as well.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I’ve heard that there is an episode that reveals it is not actually the lowest floor, that the laundromat (the laundromat of the early 1990s) is actually located below them.

The windows are laid out so you can’t tell it’s a basement apartment, but they often refer to where it is from the outside, and I think the books make it clear as well.
It's really weird how an apartment can get flooded if there is a room below. You'd think the floor in Ernie and Bert's apartment would collapse from the weight of the water.

gravy

Reaction score

i like to believe its on the same floor

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Muppet Wiki page for 123 Sesame Street says that the laundry room is in a floor below Bert and Ernie’s apartment. https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/123_Sesame_Street?mobile-app=false

In the cases of flooding, it could be that they came before a laundry room was added to the building, or the locations place in the building could be so obscure that nobody really thought about it whenever the apartment flooded. I didn’t know about it until the wiki added that info last year, might have only been mentioned in one episode.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's mentioned by Maria in Episode 1159 that the laundry room is below Ernie and Bert's apartment.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That laundry room must be like a froggin' bunker!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's mentioned by Maria in Episode 1159 that the laundry room is below Ernie and Bert's apartment.
Oh, I was thinking it was an early 1990s episode. So they had a laundry room in the 1970s? Wow.